Snow in South Texas!

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited February 4, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Yea! I finally got my snow!:clap:clap Nothing but a layer of powder but enough so I can share it with ya'll. Treacherous layer of ice underneath, though, so all the roads and most schools/businesses are closed until noon.

Cheers-
Lauren

1177201689_ZmxMD-L.jpg

1177202151_xqyfz-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• TropheusTropheus Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    Everything was pre-closed as of yesterday for us in Houston metro, (school, work, etc). But Mother Nature has no-show'd on us thus far.
    Liking the doggie prints. Dog noses/snouts and pads are my favorite! Also, their soft ears.
    Be safe with the ice
    JJ>
    Question Authority.
    Moderator: Trophs.com
    Fish Geek
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    Yippie ... snow for you to photograph :D

Be careful on the ice ... not fun falling down on that stuff, but isn't the snow fun :D
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited February 4, 2011
    Welcome to the world of white! If you want some more I'd be happy to share...

Love the paw prints - I trust your 4-legged friends like the snow.

--- Denise
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    The dogs woke me about 0100 this morning to go outside for doggie business. Not knowing there was ice, I let Darby dart out the door as she always does. She slipped and slid across the patio--startled her more than anything and she was unhurt. She did move more slowly coming back in though. Josie also went out in the yard but then was afraid to step back on the patio. I had to go out in my moccasins and PJs to coax her up the icy steps and back across the patio. Lucky I didn't fall and bust my b**t!

By morning, there was snow atop the ice and they were much more eager to go outside. Josie elected to lay on the patio, snow and all. She loves to be outside, especially with her thick coat. Snow didn't seem to bother them but if it's wet from rain neither dog will go out. They are so prissy, they hate to get their paws wet. Murphy, my beloved lab (and source of "Red Leash Photo") loved the water so much he would jump in the pool in Feb just for a swim! It's fascinating how different the breeds can be.

Snow is all gone now--it reached 45 this afternoon and the sun came out. :cry
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com