Options

#69..redone...

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited February 6, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Any better? Which of these processes do you prefer?

1. This is the original pano images no filters
1177316529_2Rakj-L.jpg

2. glamour filter
1177316747_HLDs6-L.jpg

3. mystifying filter
1177317040_jnbQS-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    My vote is for #2 - it has the richest color without being over done. The 2 red spots in the cloud on the upper left (all 3 pictures) are a little distracting (I spent more time trying to figure out what they were than looking at the rest of the scene).
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • Options
    StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    I love #2...but I agree about the red spots. What a great sky! Well done.
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    I like #2 as well... there are a lot of layers of clouds there, something I didn't get with the original post in your first thread. The original is pretty spectacular on its own, but I like what you've done in #2. #3 just seems too flat.
    edited February 4, 2011
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Like the color pop on #2 but it would look better with the 2 red spots dimmed or cloned out.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    oldtown_dreameroldtown_dreamer Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2011
    WOW. i would've been thrilled to capture something like #1 and would've called it a day. but you actually took that as a starting point and improved on it. WOW

gotta ask tho, you're not thinking this is an 'ordinary' sunrise/sunset. right?

- Diana
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
    edited February 5, 2011
    I have a slight preference for #3 with the rich hue of the sky but also like the brightness above the horizon in #2.

Looking at them again, is there a green cast in the yellow light above the horizon in #2 - on the left side? Perhaps it is just my new, uncalibrated monitor.
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 6, 2011
    thanks all for your replies. I still haven't decided on whether I want to try another idea I have floating in my head or just go with one of these.

As for the two spots...those were actually in the clouds and that also lends to the uniqueness of this theme. It is purely God's creation of how he painted the sky that morning. So as you can see I am not leaning toward the 'ordinary' with this. I debated with myself over removing the spots but felt that then, this would be an ordinary sunrise? So I am still debating...which is really a struggle.

In todays digital photography, its easy for us to remove things or even add things to make it 'perfect' to what we think would be the norm. But yet to leave them on, makes the viewer stay longer on the image to figure out what they actually are. Which is what I did when I saw them in real life! Its not just that the clouds that morning were unique...but those two spots made for even more mistery of the way the sky looked. Am I making sense?eek7.gif