Archive shots #1 (12 pics)

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited February 5, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Was going through some archives, and pulled a few out for the heck of it... Most are from my sport shooting days, but I posted here as I don't go to that forum anymore. (As I'm getting older, I can't remember what pics have been previously posted)

I'll post-up a series of post with a several images in each, until someone stops me :rofl
Randy

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    Howdy Randy,

Love, each and everyone of them.

Really gives a good feel and look at

the Lifestyle of Rodeo.

Very nicely done, and I can
    only imagine what it's like to
    be in that Arena with those Bulls and
    Broncs.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Randy,

Love, each and everyone of them.

Really gives a good feel and look at

the Lifestyle of Rodeo.

Very nicely done, and I can
    only imagine what it's like to
    be in that Arena with those Bulls and
    Broncs.

Thanks Craig,

I do miss the rodeo and it's people, they are so down to earth, good people thumb.gif

Being in the arena does keep you on your toes... actually on your boot heels most of the time rolleyes1.gif

You can't even trust those timid little sheep. I was shooting a bull riding event, and during the muttin' bustin (kids riding sheep), a bull fighter was in front of the sheep/rider ready for an early dismount. Sheep have this crazy habit of jumping when they are unsettled. The bull fighter moved in toward the sheep/rider, and the sheep jumped about 6' and hit the bull fighter head-to-head. Knocked the bull fighter clean out. He was OK, well, except for all the harassment that he took rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    Hi Randy!

Great series! Curious about #3... seeing the First Financial Bank Banner (corporate offices are here in Abilene), the Diamond C Banner, being that I was born in Hico, went to Tarleton, and have relatives in Granbury, Glen Rose & Dublin, I'm curious where this was shot.

I'm in the Stephenville area quite often... if you're ever up that way, maybe we could get a few other dGrinners and have a shoot fest!

:-)
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography
    edited February 4, 2011
    Hi Randy!

Great series! Curious about #3... seeing the First Financial Bank Banner (corporate offices are here in Abilene), the Diamond C Banner, being that I was born in Hico, went to Tarleton, and have relatives in Granbury, Glen Rose & Dublin, I'm curious where this was shot.

I'm in the Stephenville area quite often... if you're ever up that way, maybe we could get a few other dGrinners and have a shoot fest!

:-)

I was at the Mineral Wells Arena in that shot.

Hico = Coffee Cup Café = Pie = Yum
    Stephenville = Hard 8 BBQ = Yum

When the weather is decent, I ride my Wing all down in those areas. We usually make a run to the Hard 8. I'm up in the Ft. Worth area.

Maybe we can get together sometime thumb.gif
    Randy
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    Nice series.........when I saw #11 all I could think of was "and our local gang banger's think they are tough."

Sam
  • imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    rwells wrote: »
    I was at the Mineral Wells Arena in that shot.

Hico = Coffee Cup Café = Pie = Yum
    Stephenville = Hard 8 BBQ = Yum

When the weather is decent, I ride my Wing all down in those areas. We usually make a run to the Hard 8. I'm up in the Ft. Worth area.

Maybe we can get together sometime thumb.gif

Awesome! I know I should be up there within the next month! I will holler at ya when I've got a firm date! Feel free to gather up anyone else that would enjoy shooting!
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography
    edited February 4, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    Nice series.........when I saw #11 all I could think of was "and our local gang banger's think they are tough."

Sam

Sam,

These guys are truly tough to the bone. The real pleasurable thing about being around them, is how polite and truly respectful they are.

Cowboy-Up isn't just a saying with them!
    Randy
    edited February 4, 2011
    Awesome! I know I should be up there within the next month! I will holler at ya when I've got a firm date! Feel free to gather up anyone else that would enjoy shooting!

We'll see if we can work something out. Maybe we can get Craig out of his easy-chair and join us rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    Wonderful series of photos thumb.gif I enjoyed everyone of them.

#11 -- YIKES
    edited February 4, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »

#11 -- YIKES

Thanks for the nice comment Mary!
    Randy
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2011
    Yo Pard,

Now that's some good old Randy Wells' vintage stuff. I particularly like the B+W treatment on #'s 6 through 9. The first two are also stand-out shots. Very good work.thumb.gif

As odd as it may seem, rodeoing is a big thing around Jacksonville. Your shots here make me want to pay some of the events a visit.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited February 5, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »

#11 -- YIKES

Thanks Mary,

#11 ~ just another day at the office for these guys :D
    Randy
    edited February 5, 2011
    Yo Pard,

Now that's some good old Randy Wells' vintage stuff. I particularly like the B+W treatment on #'s 6 through 9. The first two are also stand-out shots. Very good work.thumb.gif

As odd as it may seem, rodeoing is a big thing around Jacksonville. Your shots here make me want to pay some of the events a visit.

Take care,

Tom

Thanks for the kind comments Tom!

Go take in a rodeo ~ It'll do ya' good thumb.gif
    Randy