An uncooperative subject

MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited February 16, 2011 in People
Still learning how to shoot in my new home studio. A few from this afternoon to hopefully make you smile. :D

1177801264_VHaAN-L.jpg

1177802960_MwNYq-L.jpg

1177801686_z6yRZ-L.jpg

I'm struggling with uneven lighting using only one back light. I might need to put some distance in there, or a second light.

Comments

• coolcincoolcin Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited February 13, 2011
    I agree your lighning needs work. I am in the same situation. I also just use 1 light to light the background but doesn't work too well.

I did like the lighting on the 1st one the best of the 3 of them.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2011
    Some cool shots here.
    The processing on the second one is a bit to contrasty for my taste but I find it interesting to say the least.
    The first is probably the best lit of the three but the last one seems a bit overdone with the smoothing on her face.
    A second light or dialing up the backdrop light would be good for high key
    Fun stuff...keep shooting :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2011
    I'm struggling with uneven lighting using only one back light. I might need to put some distance in there, or a second light.

What's your setup?
  • MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2011
    jpc wrote: »
    What's your setup?

In this case I had the back light pointed to the background NOT the subject. ne_nau.gif I'm still learning, what can I say. Laughing.gif
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2011
    I figured you had light on the background. That's what you want for the hi-key blown-out look. I was curious exactly what you were using to light what.