De Plane Boss, De Plane

FLYING EYEBALLFLYING EYEBALL Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
edited February 9, 2011 in Landscapes
We have a small Airport not too far from here...thought this was kinda cool.

Any thoughts?

1176055967_zHtkc-L.jpg

Comments

• StevemacStevemac Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited February 5, 2011
    I love the light in this with the silhouted pines but because the plane is so small
    it doesnt add to the scene rather more of a distraction from the whole scene as it looks like
    a bug or something on the lens.

steve.
  • PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    Stevemac wrote: »
    but because the plane is so small
    it doesnt add to the scene rather more of a distraction from the whole scene as it looks like

Strictly speaking as a landscape or scenic shot I agree with Steve. Now, change your audience to Flying or Private Pilot magazine and you have a winner! Print that and hang it in the coffee shop at that nearby airport with a price and your phone number and you'd have some sales. Niche businesses have been built on just such a circumstance.

Like the shot though, very good job with difficult lighting. Keeping plane sharp in low light left little margin for shutter speed selection.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2011
    I like it. So there! lol3.gif
  • FLYING EYEBALLFLYING EYEBALL Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2011
    Stevemac wrote: »
    I love the light in this with the silhouted pines but because the plane is so small

steve.

Thank you for posting up, Steve.

It seems to be a like or don't like it and not much in between. To me...without the Plane...its just another landscape shot.

good times thumb.gif
    edited February 9, 2011
    Strictly speaking as a landscape or scenic shot I agree with Steve. Now, change your audience to Flying or Private Pilot magazine and you have a winner! Print that and hang it in the coffee shop at that nearby airport with a price and your phone number and you'd have some sales. Niche businesses have been built on just such a circumstance.

Like the shot though, very good job with difficult lighting. Keeping plane sharp in low light left little margin for shutter speed selection.

Thanx for posting!

Thats a great idea. I really need to start getting my work "out there". I'll have to look into it.

And, thank you...thats a straight from the camera jpeg.
    edited February 9, 2011
    schmoo wrote: »
    I like it. So there! lol3.gif

:ivar

iloveyou.gif

thank you, schmoo