Oregon Coast Lighthouse in HDR

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
edited February 7, 2011 in Landscapes
[FONT=&quot]This is a recent shot of Yaquina Head Lighthouse off U.S. 101, about three miles north of Newport, OR, on the central Oregon coast, taken in color HDR.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The lighthouse is 93 feet tall, making it the tallest lighthouse on the OR coast. First illuminated in 1873.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The sun broke through the wintry clouds, the rain and mist ceased and out came the gear, for this HDR shot.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Spent a week in early January traveling along the west coast of OR, typical winter weather, great moody light and lots of mist, rain, and wind, making photography an interesting challange.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Used my Camera Duck more than once to protect the gear from the blowing rain, it worked fine and kept the gear dry.[/FONT]

Comments

• jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2011
    AMAZINGLY beautiful picture Oh I would love to be there.The sky is so pretty.You did a great job with the HDR affect.
  • OlyFanOlyFan Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited February 5, 2011
    I love HDR photography but have discovered I am inept with the process. This is a very beautiful shot, I bet it's great just as is also.
  • E ColbyE Colby Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    Once again I have never met a lighthouse I didn't love. You have done well with this one. I'm not a great fan of HDR, but you have done this one nicely.
    Cheers,
    Colby
    "Anything more than 500 yards from the car just isn't photogenic." Edward Weston
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    nice composition, but the HDR is too overdone for my taste... i prefer a more natural look. i'd probably do with some distortion correction as well...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2011
    Thanks!
    Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions.

I appreciate the feedback.