Archive shots #2 (12 pics)

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited February 6, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Here's more...

BTW, obviously these are in no particular order, just pulled from the gallery by date shot.
Randy

Comments

• Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2011
    Wow Randy, it doesn't get much better than those barrel racing shots. Their so sharp and crisp considering the action - love it!
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    Sexy6Chick wrote: »
    Wow Randy, it doesn't get much better than those barrel racing shots. Their so sharp and crisp considering the action - love it!

Thanks for the nice comments Natalie!
    Randy
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    I agree, I think those are actually the best barrel racing shots I have ever seen! The lighting and detail is perfect!

I've been wanting to try my hand at shooting some rodeos and horse shows out here in AZ. I grew up showing/training horses, so I am hoping knowing what I am looking at will help get some good shots. If I ever got anything as close to yours I'd be ecstatic! clap.gif
    Canon Fan
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    I agree, I think those are actually the best barrel racing shots I have ever seen! The lighting and detail is perfect!

I've been wanting to try my hand at shooting some rodeos and horse shows out here in AZ. I grew up showing/training horses, so I am hoping knowing what I am looking at will help get some good shots. If I ever got anything as close to yours I'd be ecstatic! clap.gif

Thanks for the VERY nice comments!

Knowing your sport is paramount to producing good/sell-able images. Sounds like you have a good start. Rodeo contestants have a zillion pics of themselves riding/competing, so you have to catch everything just perfect (in their performance) for them to consider buying "another" picture. Also, as you probably know, the rodeo environment is VERY hard on your equipment.

That being said ~ you go girl thumb.gif
    Randy
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    Loved the rodeo shots .. #4 and $10 ... wonderful shots. It must of been fun shooting those.