Are these better

gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
edited September 22, 2005 in Sports
I was told the last photos i posted could have done with a bit photoshop treatment so here goes :dunno

36951984-M.jpg

36951975-M.jpg

36951981-M.jpg

36951978-M.jpg

36951972-M.jpg
36938352-M.jpg

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2005
    gsgary wrote:
    I was told the last photos i posted could have done with a bit photoshop treatment so here goes ne_nau.gif
    Wow Gary.. I don't know much about motocycles and shooting them but #'s 1 2 and 3 look pretty amazing to me. clap.gif Also the last one...
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    Thanks lynn i'm very pleased with these as it was only my 2nd attempt at motorbike racing, sportshooter here i come:D
    lynnma wrote:
    Wow Gary.. I don't know much about motocycles and shooting them but #'s 1 2 and 3 look pretty amazing to me. clap.gif Also the last one...
  • BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    gsgary wrote:
    Thanks lynn i'm very pleased with these as it was only my 2nd attempt at motorbike racing, sportshooter here i come:D

You've every right to be pleased with your shots. For a second attempt at panning you've got some great results.

I'm just trying to point you in the right direction here with your posted pics.
    You seem to have cropped a bit square which would be more of a medium format look and not used in motorsport. I tend to crop at a fixed ratio of 1.5 width 1 height. which when done on your shot can be made into a 600x400 72dpi image.
    I've taken the liberty of again picking one of your shots to demo with.
    I've also added just a touch of colour via curves and once resized a touch of unsharp mask.

bike002.jpg

Bod...
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2005
    Thanks Bod

It's all been taken on board, i have some more i can have a go at and still have the raw files so i can go back to the start can't i ne_nau.gif
    Bodwick wrote:
    You've every right to be pleased with your shots. For a second attempt at panning you've got some great results.

I'm just trying to point you in the right direction here with your posted pics.
    You seem to have cropped a bit square which would be more of a medium format look and not used in motorsport. I tend to crop at a fixed ratio of 1.5 width 1 height. which when done on your shot can be made into a 600x400 72dpi image.
    I've taken the liberty of again picking one of your shots to demo with.
    I've also added just a touch of colour via curves and once resized a touch of unsharp mask.

bike002.jpg

Bod...