A Comforting Paw

TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
edited February 18, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
My fiance was laid off from his job Wednesday night, and came home devastated... I had my camera out because I was taking pictures of the dogs (our children) and I had no idea what had happened yet when I took this pic... Now looking back it makes me cry...

20sjg5v.jpg
Canon Fan

Comments

• BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2011
    Sorry to hear of the employment situation. The shot is a great one I just wish that it was easier to tell that the brown and black area on the right was a dog head. It is amazing how a simple pet or hug from the dogs can make everything better.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    The little dog looks like it feels the pain..... And this to shall pass, TenThirteen and there will be another job with new opportunities.....

And you did a great job capturing the momentthumb.gif gary:D
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    Really poignant photo. You can feel the emotion present. I hope everything works out well for you two.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited February 6, 2011
    Wow. You captured a special (though sad) moment here.

--- Denise
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    Dogs have an amazing sense in knowing when their human is hurting ...

Sorry to hear about your fiance being laid off, but as Gary said .. it will pass and new opportunities lay ahead.

Your in our prayers.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited February 7, 2011
    Wow. Very poignant capture. Things have a way of working out for the best.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2011
    Morning,

They do know when we need them don't they.

Wonderful capture, and I'll throw my 2cents in

you both have each other, and things will and

do work out for the best.

We'll Keep You Both in our Thoughts and Prayers!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2011
    Animals are the most wonderful support creatures on earth. They know when we are in pain, sometimes even before we realize what it is.

Your photograph is a very beautiful capture of a poignant moment between the two of them and the raw emotion comes through clearly.

Been there, done that, and all I can say is that, once the hurt subsides, there is a brighter future out there. I truly believe the saying that when one door closes another opens. It's happened for me and it will happen for you two, as well. All the best, and thanks for sharing this moment in your lives.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2011
    You caught a moment in time! I bet that is hard for you to view. I'm sorry to hear about the job loss. Hopefully that is just a moment in time too and he will have another job very, very soon!
  • jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2011
    Aww Such a touching photo. Im so sorry to hear will keep you guys in our thoughts>
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2011
    Thank you for all the comments... I am not sure what to say, things are scary right now... The black and tan image in the foreground is our other child, our Min Pin named Enzo. I know the shot is not techinical at all, but I've been lacking in inspiration lately and felt like posting it for some reason..... Please keep us in your thoughts. Our zip code is at over 13% unemployment right now, and he was in a pretty specific field of work... Changes are sure to come.........
    Canon Fan
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2011
    I certainly hate to hear of the cause of this image...

But, as to the image itself: It seems unfortunately rare for us to capture images that have a powerful emotion, even for the viewer. This image does that, and for that, you should be proud thumb.gif

Keep your chin up! Things may indeed change, but it will work it's way out ~ It always does...
    Randy
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    I wish you both the best of luck. Great capture, difficult times. I hope one day soon you'll be able to look at this shot and say "wow, remember this?"
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2011
    Raw emotion for your family and it comes out in this image. It is truly remarkable! I hope things turn around for you, and the rest of your city, very soon. I'm glad you all have each other.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • zhousuzhousu Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2011
    It's a communication. Nice shot.
  • trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2011
    Great image, really like the emotion you captured.
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2011
    Holy crap that is a great photo. You can feel the emotion and the love in it. Very powerful.