[Houston, TX - Newborn]: Hayden

sonny_csonny_c Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited February 6, 2011 in People
For this session I borrowed a Canon 24-70 because I really only shoot with one lens, my Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II USM. I do own a Canon 85mm f/1.8 but I don't use it much. Both lenses are great except when shooting in tight places because of the minimum focusing distance.

The photo shoot took place in Hayden's room which had a big window with tons of available light. Unfortunately, the day of the shoot a thunderstorm was rolling in and the clouds pretty much killed that so I had to bust out one 580ex on a stand with a shoot though umbrella.

I am asking for any C&C you can provide. This being only our 3rd shoot I am looking for ways to improve. Thanks.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited February 5, 2011
    They look rather good to me! #4 really gave me a chuckle. #2 might be a bit cool. A very good set all in all. thumb.gif
  • chris5olsonchris5olson Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    i love these! i have a newborn soon (she was born preemie so her mom wanted to wait for a few weeks so she can build immunities b4 we do our shoot) but these are making me so impatient! anyhoo!

# 4- I really really like. Just a thought, IMO would look better a little wider. Like if you stood back or zoomed out so more of the wall appears above Hayden, b/c my eye goes straight to the boxes and not Hayden. And i think even just a little more would help.

# 5- Super Cute. IMO I would have cropped off the red painting to make it even. Im a sequence fanatic & i like things even, I also would have switched the lamp and basket so that the basket had 2 larger items on each side making it more evenly portioned so that Hayden would stand out more. but that's just me.

but I think these are really good!
    In My Bag:
    Canon Rebel XSi. Canon 50mm f/1.4. Canon 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6. Speedlite 430exII
    Coming Soon
    Canon 5DmkII. Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    Very nice set! What a wonderfully colorful room she has!
    Canon Fan