Dgrin #69 - "Not Your Typical Tea Party"

mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
edited February 8, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Okay so I thought the challenge ended tonight at 10pm, then after uploading I re-read the initial thread that it was due on Monday (I know, cramming exactly isn't the best for you, but for the most part, it works!!).

So here's my 1 hour before attempt (but its not really 1 hour before since my time is totally wrong). I shot this with a Speedlite + gel in the back and lit the little girl and critters with a flashlight overhead and in front, total exposure about 10+ seconds.

Here's how it progressed:

1178870658_iN3aB-L.jpg
Back-light check

1178870784_7byoP-L.jpg
Front-light check

1178870444_mmzQP-XL.jpg
Final Product

The part that took the longest was re-arranging the toys so they're framed perfectly amongst one another. Also the little shadow-looking thing on the right is actually ethyl-alcohol, I tried to light the area in front, to make a line of fire, but that didn't work out; it also almost lit the toys on fire as well, not good!!

Thinking the Dgrin Challenge was ending tonight, I find that I can improve on the post-processing, if you have any ideas, drop it like its hot. If you have any thoughts on the current final product, leave me your $0.02. Your help is much appreciated, thanks!!

Comments

• rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    rteest42 wrote: »
    This is CUTE!!!!

I agree-it tickles the funnybone.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    Yes..... I have taken part and won their hearts in the 'cuteness factor'... all is going according to plan.. :)

Here's 2 more edits I have done since, let me know what you guys and gals think:

1178923552_hS8ng-L.jpg
    Different angle lights + close-up

1179088934_pRqLE-X2.jpg
    Same as the original, but close-crop and added burning-in to the dinosaurs...I actually like this one best.

Thanks again...!
  • sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    Definitely the last one here....I think this is so swell! I've looked at it several times now and grin every time I open the file.
  • lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2011
    How cute! Nice idea to get the setup shots too.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2011
    Very cool and imaginative.
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2011
    Thank you for all the kind words!!