Options

July 4th comes on the 3rd...

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited July 5, 2004 in People
... in Nantucket. At least the fun on Main St comes on the 3rd.

We have a master of cerermonies who helps everyone know when and where the events are.

5815208-L.jpg

We have watermelon and pie eating contests.

5806712-L.jpg

5806991-L.jpg

Baloons and puppets

5807623-L.jpg

5807957-L.jpg

A lot of us just come for the people watching.

5809459-L.jpg

5808615-L.jpg

5810166-L.jpg

And at the end, the fire department brings all it's engines (even an antique hand pumped one) and sprays everyone and everything in sight.

5815832-L.jpg
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2004
    Great images. Have you given much thought to the FM monthly photo contest "Facial Expressions"? I see a couple here that would be a good entry.

Dave
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2004
    dkapp wrote:
    Great images. Have you given much thought to the FM monthly photo contest "Facial Expressions"? I see a couple here that would be a good entry.

Dave
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've never entered a FM MA. Facial expressions is one I could get into.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2004
    Those are absolutely fabulous shots, Rutt....
    rutt wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've never entered a FM MA. Facial expressions is one I could get into.

Rutt I love those, just love them. There is feeling in the photography! Good doG!

god, I love those! Can't say much else.
    I think the light thing has you confused. Just take a basic formula shot, you know a storm, a bridge in the background, etc. I haven't gotten down to the beach at dawn, don't know quite what is wrong with me. But that is what these people seem to be into, and they are good. I wish I had been down at the beach all thse mornings, but really, I couldn't. I might. You could find your beach, some one place on that island that you love. Study it, meditate it, then be there at dawn, and dusk, to after dark, smile.

But you have such feeling for that island. I love those July 4th on the 3rd photographs.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2004
    This one's cool, I like how the heads get bigger on the sort of diagonal line.

5806991-S.jpg

This one's creepy; reminds me of The Shining.

5807957-S.jpg