Options

Show Jumper

JSPhotographyJSPhotography Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
edited February 7, 2011 in Sports
Tried something different today. What do you think?

1179822134_cSTmP-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bbjonesbbjones Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2011
    Wow! Dig it!
    Indoors, too -- you must have had lousy light.
    I feel nothing for horses, but this works well, IMHO, because you can see both horse and rider's faces striving toward the same goal.

Cool!clap.gif
    The goal of my photography is is the effective, original communication of a feeling expressing truth, beauty, or love.

www.photographyjones.com
  • Options
    torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2011
    Beautifully captured - horse and rider both in excellent focus, whilst background being out of focus adds to the action of the photo.
    Good lighting, especially as being indoors expect lighting was not great. Lighting great into both the riders and horses face. Only downside is the light behind the horses ears.
  • Options
    Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2011
    This is a great shot. The light indoors at equestrian events is never good but the slow shutter has really worked well allowing more ambient in. Great shot!

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2011
    Nice shot well executed in what is notoriously poor lighting. The only nitpik would be if you waited just a fraction of a second longer, you would have caught the horse basculing (peak of rounding) over the jump with his hind feet off the ground too.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada