Options

Help Purchasing a Photo?

Wahoo08Wahoo08 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited February 7, 2011 in The Big Picture
Not sure if this is the right place to post this question or if anybody will even be able to help out with this one, but here goes...

I've been looking to purchase a couple of specific photos for my personal collection. These photos are pretty famous in a niche sport that I follow (MMA) and are posted all over the internet in message boards, blogs, etc. The problem is, I have no idea who the photographers are or where I can actually purchase the photos. To make it even harder, at least 2 of the photos are more than likely from Japanese photographers (definitely taken in Japan, so I'm assuming it's likely that the photographer is Japanese, but I'm not certain).

I'm not sure if you guys have any tips on how to find a photographer by just the photo (I've already tried Getty Images with no luck), but after lurking for quite some time, I know you guys know your photography. I also know that photography probably isn't the easiest profession to make money in, but my wallet is open and I'm willing to spend. I just need to find out who to write the check to. Any help/tips for a stranger would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2011
    have you had any luck pulling metadata from the files?

im guessing there were no watermarks on the photos either...
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook