HDR - Bridge

brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
edited February 11, 2011 in Landscapes
My first HDR attempt - I baked it heavily as I was not happy with the what I did to it with more natural looking HDR. But since this is my first I am happy with it. I blurred a lot hoping to get the painted look - and feedback is welcome and appreciated to help make me better.

1181357319_VP5Jw-M.jpg

Comments

• Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2011
    I've never attempted an HDR before but I think that's great for a first attempt! Might be a bit heavily baked for some but I don't think it's that bad.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2011
    Hey sexy -

Thank you for the comments :)

I would think with you wheeling all the time that you might have some good chance to try HDR ;-)

I always wanted to try just never did and now I think I am hooked!
  • jbrown4849jbrown4849 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited February 9, 2011
    I think your photo is awesome. I don't understand the term "over baked" but I would keep doing it if I got those kind of results. This picture reminds of the old tinted postcards -- touch of mystry and magic. :)
    edited February 9, 2011
    jbrown4849 wrote: »
    I think your photo is awesome. I don't understand the term "over baked" but I would keep doing it if I got those kind of results. This picture reminds of the old tinted postcards -- touch of mystry and magic. :)
    Hi JB and thank you for the comments!! The term over-baked is a term a lot of people use for when HDR is over done as ie the sky and painted look. Some people much prefer a more natural looking with tone mapping that is more subtle - which I like, but I also like the extreme "over-baked" HDR - I guess it boils down to preference :)
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2011
    I'd like to see this one "less baked". I'll bet it's a great shot under all of that processing.
  • Mueller JohnMueller John Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2011
    Where is this place?
    I would also say to tone it down just a tad.
  • rob marshallrob marshall Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    I'm not sure if it's the HDR tone-mapping process, or the blurring you mention, but there is a lot of detail in the shot (foliage etc) which is merging together and is hard to pick out. I'd like to see the original to see how it compares.
    edited February 11, 2011
    Hi Rob - here is the original - this is the 0EV of the -1,0,+1 set.

656609301_J4vj8-M.jpg
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    How about putting it back in the oven and taking it out earlier?
    edited February 11, 2011
    Will try and repost :)