Latest visit to Yosemite.

aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
edited May 26, 2010 in Landscapes
Visited Yosemite a couple of weeks ago... Man..what a difference from our spring trip. Waterfalls are nearly dry. Regardless, Yosemite always has some great scenery to offer.

Here are a few shots from that series...

View of highway tunnel at the tunnel view parking lot.
37016156-L.jpg

80 sec exposure of Yosemite valley after sunset. Most light seen is moonlight... notice the flashlight of a climber settling in for the night on the face of El Capitan. We saw three that would flicker our way every once in a while.
37016154-L.jpg

Another view of the climber's flashlight.
37016160-L.jpg

The climbers during the day...
37016151-L.jpg

37016173-L.jpg

Ducks enjoying a meal.
37016175-L.jpg

View from Mirror Lake.
37016180-L.jpg

Another view from Mirror Lake.
37016187-L.jpg

Waterfall at Happy Isles.
37016198-L.jpg

View of North Dome from Happy Isles.
37016205-L.jpg

Bridalveil Falls in the wind...
37016208-L.jpg

Ok, sorry to flood you with pics...just haven't posted in a while. :D

Comments

• marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2005
    As you said: Yosemite always has something nice going, and you showed us. Thanks for sharing these.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,467 Major grins
    Great nightime shots! I love the ones showing the headlamps! thumb.gif

I'll be passing through there next week on my way to Rock Creek Campground...
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    THanks Nut!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2005
    Thanks for giving them a look. I wasn't sure how the night shots were going to turn out...never tried a nighttime landscape before where you can actually see the foreground. :D
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    Very nice, Kendall!
    Thank you for sharing! I'm all envy, but 5 hours drive one way kills the desire...ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,467 Major grins
    Nikolai wrote:
    Thank you for sharing! I'm all envy, but 5 hours drive one way kills the desire...ne_nau.gif
    My wife and I took advantage of being 80 miles away and drove up there a few months ago one night just so I could do some full moon night shots. They turned out okay for my first attempt.
  • DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    Someday I may be one of those little lights on the cliff face! I hope :)
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • snookman23snookman23 Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    Aero, I like the first shot, I think its interesting. It looks like the tunnel light has blown highlights, maybe from PS.
    Also, I don't know how to expose the shot and not do this, but I think having crisp, clear stars would really make a great shot.
    Nikolai wrote:
    Nikolai, I'd be there every day if I could, but its 2800 miles away for me.
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    Hey Nut,

Thnxs for bringing back memories of our great trip!

Eric
    edited September 26, 2005
    Hey...thanks for all the comments! yeah, the highlights were a challenge, since the tunnel lights are very intense, as well as the car headlights...yet I wanted to capture the stars, which required a long exposure.... I'll have to try that one again sometime.

Nik, I know what you mean about the drive...but it's worth it at least once or twice a year if you're within driving distance. mwink.gif I bought a season pass this year ($40 vs. the $20 that you would pay for a week pass)...and it has paid for itself twice over. We'll see how much longer my car keeps running though. ne_nau.gif

4labs, it was great hangin out with you up there. I was very impressed with your Nikon gear. You going to Zion?
    Hmm...just realized I accidentily processed all those pics in Adobe colorspace instead of sRGB. Anybody notice any bad artifacts? I can see a few around the stars and high-contrast edges. I know smugmug recommends everything in sRGB for the web.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    4labs wrote:
    Hey Nut,

Thnxs for bringing back memories of our great trip!

Eric
    I was thinking the same...tks nut thumb.gif
  • YosemYosem Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited May 26, 2010
    Nice images I just came back but 4 and a half days can seem so short, Its majical even in the late summer there are always things to shoot and do.