A common occurence this winter

konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
edited February 10, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Lots of roofs and buildings collapsing under the weight of the snow this year. This one about a mile from my house. Only one good vantage point to shoot from without being run over by traffic. One of the local news stations mixed a couple of my pictures in with their video. :D

5428465347_074011353c.jpg

5428465331_96790f5843.jpg

5428465313_3516a8da8c.jpg

5428465353_f7cf9db1a5.jpg
--- Kono ---
Pentax K-x and assorted lenses

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2011
    That's happening a lot around here, too. You know it's bad when you have to shovel your ROOF as well as your driveway.

Good, clear shots!
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2011
    Thanx Ceci - I wasn't sure whether to post them here or in Street & PJ.

Fourtunately, my roof has a steep pitch and no gutters, so I'm not too worried about the snow, ice, and water damage.
    --- Kono ---
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    Oh...that's not good at all. I'm betting you get a lot of wet heavy snow. Haven't heard of any roofs giving way up here this season. Could of missed it tho on the news. Looks like it was a flat roof ...

Glad to hear they mixed in some of your photos with the news video thumb.gif
  • konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Oh...that's not good at all. I'm betting you get a lot of wet heavy snow. Haven't heard of any roofs giving way up here this season. Could of missed it tho on the news. Looks like it was a flat roof ...

Glad to hear they mixed in some of your photos with the news video thumb.gif

Thanx Mary - We do get a lot of heavy snow, but usually we get some warm days allowing for some melting - that hasn't happened this year.

This roof had a shallow pitch. Most of the roofs that have collapsed have (had :D) either shallow or flat roofs.
    --- Kono ---
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    Ouch. Thats gotta hurt. Does seem to be alot of that kind of damage going
    on this year. Neat some of your shots got used on air. thumb.gif You have some
    goods ones for just that.
    Michael