Check out billseye photos on SmugMug

Comments

• TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2011
    iloveyou.gif
    Canon Fan
  • kithylinkithylin Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2011
    Nice! I've been scouting out around town and trying to find something similar and i've found some old rusty equipment that's been sitting for a very very long time... I've been meaning to get over there and photo it but the weather's not been the best really, maybe later.
    Sony Alpha SLT-A35 16.5 MP DSLR
    Minolta AF Zoom 70-210 F/4.5-5.6
    Minolta AF Zoom 35-70 F/3.5-4.5
    Places I post my work DeviantArt & FLICKR
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2011
    Really like the second one thumb.gif
    Randy
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2011
    Well come on in , Bill, and have a seat at the big table with us. We'll declare you to be a bona fide Rust Junkie now.

I'd like to see you zoom in on that first image....to eliminate the sky space and fill the screen with the rusted mechanics.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2011
    Well come on in , Bill, and have a seat at the big table with us. We'll declare you to be a bona fide Rust Junkie now.

I'd like to see you zoom in on that first image....to eliminate the sky space and fill the screen with the rusted mechanics.

Tom

I agree, there is a lot of potential in that tractor. Get up close and go crazy . Nice find.clap.gif
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2011

Tom
    Juano wrote: »
    Get up close and go crazy.

Like either of these any better?

1182407377_o4Get-L.jpg

1182411031_rLh5z-L.jpg
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2011
    Oh, yes. These are much better. It's not always an absolute, but, in most rust shots, the rust is the star and any other elements that are not necessary to tell the story should be excluded. In this case, the sky was certainly extraneous to the story and is best eliminated, or at least minimized. Good work.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    I too really like the 2nd one. The lettering really adds to it.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    Oh, yes. These are much better. It's not always an absolute, but, in most rust shots, the rust is the star and any other elements that are not necessary to tell the story should be excluded. In this case, the sky was certainly extraneous to the story and is best eliminated, or at least minimized. Good work.thumb.gif

Tom
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Tom makes great points to which I readily agree and utilize most times.
    As he says there are those moments when the environment the subject is in increases the pics impact if it is to have any at all. A nice one of these will
    make you work for it. A good thing.
    Michael
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    Ahhhhh!!! from one junkie to another I really like the second pic of your second posting. Nice, intense, good...