Options

Fireworks anyone?

tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
edited July 5, 2004 in Holy Macro
Here are few fireworks pictures. Hopefully others will post better ones. All are 1-2 sec exposures at F8, tripod of course. It was't really a professional display, just some well armed neighbors.

5818924-M.jpg

5818934-M.jpg

5818942-M-1.jpg
Thomas :D

TML Photography
tmlphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2004
    nice.

i like the last one best, as it has some grounding to it. thanks for sharing
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2004
    Here are a few of mine

5791198-M.jpg

5792234-M.jpg

5791196-M.jpg

5791203-M.jpg

5791200-M.jpg
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    Here are a few of mine

greap i've been linking your shots all day as examples of really good fireworks.

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2004
    My Fireworks day........
    The night before, visited what looked like a well equiped fireworks stand.

5775296-L.jpg

Got to church for "Oh beautiful for spacious skys" music, inspirational for light driven photography pictures................ then I shot 3 baptisms, this is my favorite shot, and it is not the "posed" shot, it is kind of, they were in the right places, but no one was ready except me.

5823439-L.jpg

Next I stopped by a fireworks stand on the road to the island. She leases the land, it has been sold, and we will have another large shopping complex.

5823404-L.jpg
    The front of the stand. It featured discounted fireworks and asked for no smoking.

5823395-L.jpg

We talked to the owner, she wasn't busy..............much.
    Very nice woman. Has lived in this town all her life.

5823397-L.jpg

I checked out the prices, spotted an American flag displayed with the fireworks, still get a chuckle out of whether or not that could be a statement, nah................... we are just photographers.

5823393-L.jpg

Those suckers have gotten expensive!

Walked across a field to the antiques store that has been there forever. They were closed.

5823399-L.jpg

I said to myself, I will see you and all your windows for the next photography challenge, I nodded to the flag, to walk back to my car.

5823401-L.jpg

When I got back to the fireworks stand, customers were arriving. I got in my '91 Honda Civic and left to come home. Had a full memory card, watched some of "your" fireworks on TV, liked the DC ones...............always wanted to be there for that, one big birthday party.

You all come see us, you hear.........but please don't buy a house here......or think this place will be as my pictures are it won't.

5823406-L.jpg

Nice car, I hope they bought a lot of fireworks, a very nice woman, she was.
    And that was my day. I don't miss the fireworks, I do miss the smell. I used to love the smell of fireworks. I have seen fireworks in the last few years, but I don't smell them anymore, times are changing.......

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2004
    Nice work Greaper. How long were your exposures? ISO?
    I used 1-2 sec with ISO 100 at F8. My "sky" is much darker. Maybe due to the city lights and clouds where you were at.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2004
    It varied. Some as little as 2 seconds. Some as long as 15. I shot in bulb and released the shutter when thought I might hve something good.

If you follow this link all the info is available:
    http://dehmphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/155915/1/5791203

The biggest problem I had was with color balance. They all seemed to be red. I adhusted the white balance several times. some of them have hints of other colors, but they all seem too red and I couldn't figure out why.
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2004
    My shots from the fourth. Boston, Massachusetts.

-Doug

5827836-M.jpg

5828304-M.jpg

5828305-M.jpg