almost Sam

4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
edited September 23, 2005 in People
Well my wife had been in the hopsital for the past seven weeks and luckily thing s took a turn fo rteh better and I was able to bring her home yesterday.
While she is still limited in her activity until she gives birth, she is much more comfortable at home.. I realized I had no pictures of her being pregnant so
I pleaded with her to let me try. Well it sure isn't easy but I am not going to give up. These are a coupel from my first try. Comments ,critiques woudl be apreciated..

37038952-M.jpg

37038953-M.jpg

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Well my wife had been in the hopsital for the past seven weeks and luckily thing s took a turn fo rteh better and I was able to bring her home yesterday.
    While she is still limited in her activity until she gives birth, she is much more comfortable at home.. I realized I had no pictures of her being pregnant so
    I pleaded with her to let me try. Well it sure isn't easy but I am not going to give up. These are a coupel from my first try. Comments ,critiques woudl be apreciated..
    I think you did good.. but... and I know she's gonna hate this.. it would be nice to see her face if only in shadow. Maybe a pose half hiding her shadowed face .. standing in front of a window looking out maybe or sitting in shadow with her face visible but shadowed and soft.
    Just my two cents.. to me, although her baby belly is lovely I can't connect it to a woman or a prospective mother. feels like you are hiding something...
    good luck.. this is a toughie.. but sooooo worth it for the memories..

thumb.gif
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    lynnma wrote:
    I think you did good.. but... and I know she's gonna hate this.. it would be nice to see her face if only in shadow. Maybe a pose half hiding her shadowed face .. standing in front of a window looking out maybe or sitting in shadow with her face visible but shadowed and soft.
    Just my two cents.. to me, although her baby belly is lovely I can't connect it to a woman or a prospective mother. feels like you are hiding something...

thumb.gif
    15524779-Ti.gif I know a stack of pregnant ladies and they are all asking me for photos and I'm petrified...But one thing I know i want to try with all of them is a full body side-on silhouette...

Glad to here mum and baby are home again. Good luck with everything I know how nervous you both must be. Just sit back and enjoy the experience, it will soon be rushing by much too quickly.
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    lynnma wrote:

thumb.gif
    Thnxs Lynn, .
    I agree that to show her face would be nice.. She is really camera shy but I will work on her..
    rahmonster wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif I know a stack of pregnant ladies and they are all asking me for photos and I'm petrified...But one thing I know i want to try with all of them is a full body side-on silhouette...

Glad to here mum and baby are home again. Good luck with everything I know how nervous you both must be. Just sit back and enjoy the experience, it will soon be rushing by much too quickly.
    Thnxs Monster! The whole process was more difficult than I imagined. I am usually taking candids its much easier. I think the silhoutte will be a good idea..
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    If I was in your shoes :D I'd be getting pretty nervous at this point, on several fronts....taking pictures...being a new Dad......oh boy oh boy
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    I really like the second one. So much of pregnancy is just...waiting. That picture conveys that to me. I like it.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    rahmonster wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif I know a stack of pregnant ladies

Ouch.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    excellent belly shots and the B/W is great thumb.gif

I agree on the full body pose though :D
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
    Hey doggie.. I went looking and I didn't like a lot of pregnancy photos but I did like these.. take a look and see what you think..

http://www.focuspocusphoto.com/pregnancy/pregnancy1.html

Lynn cheerleader.gif

p.s. specially him and her dancing together..
    Thnxs again everyone.. Lynn I looked at several websites myself and the problem is getting my wife to pose. I'll have to buy her off I am sure ..:-)
    I was gonna say a couple o' gins would do it but I forgot.. she can't ne_nau.gif maybe sparkley things..rolleyes1.gif
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2005
    I love the second shot. Really love it. I'm not a huge fan of digital conversions to B&W, but it works in that case.
    If not now, when?
    Thnxs Rutt,
    Knowing how you feel about BW conversions , I take that as the highest compliment.
  • Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
    I really like the focus on her fingers and the story they tell. Nice. My daughter is pregnant with her first and I have been looking at many examples online for her maternity shots ..plenty to look at...Tell your wife that she may not think she looks beautiful now...years from now she will be happy she has them, because it is almost impossible to remember without a photo.