Almost Valentine's Day

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited February 11, 2011 in People
It's almost that time of year. I just finished my annual portait gift for my wife. This is the seventh year for this shot. The first was with Samantha at 2 weeks old.

Any suggestions or comments?

1182925306_FtspK-XL.jpg

Comments

• TravelTravel Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    Great Shot! I will probably take one of me grandkids sometime like this.
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    What a great idea for an annual valentine's gift!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    I love these shots and look forward to them every year. And you do them sooo well.

This year - what really struck me was Stephanie's cami/tank and the fact your other two children are without tops. To my eye, makes for an unbalanced image. Might I suggest you go with all your children with tops or exclude Steph's top from the shot - maybe have her wear a peasant blouse, but off the shoulders?
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    I love these shots and look forward to them every year. And you do them sooo well.

This year - what really struck me was Stephanie's cami/tank and the fact your other two children are without tops. To my eye, makes for an unbalanced image. Might I suggest you go with all your children with tops or exclude Steph's top from the shot - maybe have her wear a peasant blouse, but off the shoulders?

Just PS it off. I don't think his wife will even notice. I think this is great! What kind of frame will you be using, or do you have a certain wall print for it?
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011

Thanks, Scott. I agree with the shirt on Stefanie. I may just crop a bit tighter and PS it out.

As you may recall, this shot began on a whim years ago after my youngest was born. My older kids were lounging around with no shirts on when I took the photos. I've taken these shots without tops this way since then to try and remain consistent.ne_nau.gif

220176593_NZVx9-M.jpg
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    mr peas wrote: »
    Just PS it off. I don't think his wife will even notice. I think this is great! What kind of frame will you be using, or do you have a certain wall print for it?

I've got a large wall with these arranged chronologically. I put them in a simple black wooden frame with a nice white double mat.

Always a conversation piece when visitors come over.
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    Always something great to admire or learn from you. What a lucky mom to have you and the photographs you take !!! Wonderful all around :D
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700