Options

Only managed to get one windsurfing shot.

JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
edited February 12, 2011 in Sports
Conditions were weird but managed to get one workable shot.

1183132564_t7tj9-XL.jpg

Any CC is always welcome:D

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited February 10, 2011
    Perfect. Your boy got some good air there. Nice to see the recent windsurfing shots. Winter conditions are always weird for windsurfing because they're driven by gusty storm winds as opposed to more predictable prevailing winds of summer. Is windsurfing still pretty much alive out there? Seems like I see a lot more kiting shots than windsurfing these days. Some day I intend to get back into windsurfing, but I think I'm too old to take up kiting. :rutt
  • Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    One Nice shot! I like the color on this one.
  • Options
    JustinThymeJustinThyme Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    Nice one!
    Only one critique
    Would liked to have seen the horizon just a bit lower in the image and shooting positon a bit lower giving more emphasis on the "airtime". Although depending on where you were the angle may have not been possible without getting wet or becoming shark bait.:fish
    Canon CPS Gold Member
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    Good capture, nice colors. You were out past the silt and kelp.. :D, with one of the big boys I'll bet.

thumb.gif
    Rags
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    Great shot. I only wish I could see his wake or more evidence of the take-off.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    JacobovsJacobovs Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Perfect. Your boy got some good air there. Nice to see the recent windsurfing shots. Winter conditions are always weird for windsurfing because they're driven by gusty storm winds as opposed to more predictable prevailing winds of summer. Is windsurfing still pretty much alive out there? Seems like I see a lot more kiting shots than windsurfing these days. Some day I intend to get back into windsurfing, but I think I'm too old to take up kiting. :rutt

You may want to still consider kitesurfing. The average age is probably in the 40's. Most seem to be ex-surfers and ex-windsurfers.