My first attempts with LucisArt 3 ED/SE

SventekozSventekoz Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins
edited February 12, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I just bought this, so I'm still having a play with it. I'm quite liking the effects it's giving me. I'd love people's thoughts on it, although I know it won't be to everyone's taste. Thanks for looking.

1183306626_PeofD-XL.jpg

1183300852_beWzV-XL.jpg

1183302691_4wfur-XL.jpg

1183303808_GGtK6-XL.jpg

1183304150_m83Vw-XL.jpg
John

Comments

• ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    I really like it for the bikes. Not so much for the people.

It makes the bikes really jump, but just makes the people look dirty.

Cool shots!

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • SventekozSventekoz Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    Thanks. I'll need to spend some more time on the skin! :)
    John
  • senorjaxsenorjax Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    +1 to what Z said. And it's definitely not just your processing, it's a byproduct of LucisArt and Topaz I think. I like what it does to bright colors but haven't gotten used to the sickly gray and dirt tones that it imprints on skin and sky. I have a feeling that the silvery black high contrast skin tones that are popular with many ads these days are related to this effect, in the sense that trying to get skin looking close to normal doesn't work so they take it far enough away for it to be obvious that it's not supposed to look real. Same with clouds. I've seen some smokin' landscapes where everything on the ground looks great but the sky seems to have giant mud balls hanging all over it. I'm hoping that future versions of this software will provide some options for adjusting skin tones. Of course, this is only my $.02, and I appreciate the folks that like it just the way it is. Nice photos.
    Jay
    edited February 10, 2011
    Yes, you're right. I have Topaz Adjust pretty well nailed when it comes to skin, but this one looks like it will be more of a challenge. There are some hints on the website, though - so it looks like that's the place to start.
    John
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    I like the look, but YIKES ~ the price eek7.gif
    Randy
    edited February 12, 2011
    Yes, it's rather exxy! I'll have to use it for everything now! :)
    John