Options

Rocky Mt. National Park

B643B643 Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited February 15, 2011 in Location, Location, Location!
My wife and I are planning a trip to Rocky Mountain National Park...Having never been there I am seeking recommendations for lodging. My wife is not a photographer, so there must be ammendities within walking distance while I am gone in the morning for my photographing. We are planning a September trip in hopes of getting the fall colors of the aspens.

Thank you in advance to all of you who answer my request.

Comments

• Options
    johnmoldyjohnmoldy Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 11, 2011
    YMCA of the Rockies
    B643 wrote: »
    My wife and I are planning a trip to Rocky Mountain National Park...Having never been there I am seeking recommendations for lodging. My wife is not a photographer, so there must be ammendities within walking distance while I am gone in the morning for my photographing. We are planning a September trip in hopes of getting the fall colors of the aspens.

Thank you in advance to all of you who answer my request.

Try the YMCA of the Rockies (near Estes Park). The Y has several housing options, organized activities, a restaurant and is near an entrance to RMNP.
  • Options
    HDRoamerHDRoamer Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited February 13, 2011
    Estes Park has a very quaint downtown area with lots of shopping and things to see. Plenty of lodging in the area.
  • Options
    TUeltzenTUeltzen Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2011
    HDRoamer wrote: »
    Estes Park has a very quaint downtown area with lots of shopping and things to see. Plenty of lodging in the area.

I have to agree with HDRoamer. Estes Park has a lot of food, lodging and shops to choice from. We stayed there 2 years ago and I can't wait to go back:D
    Tim
    Washington, Missouri

www.PetPhotoKeepSake.com
  • Options
    RoguePhotosRoguePhotos Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited February 15, 2011
    Well this is a no brainer. You have to stay at The Stanley Hotel.
    Its in Estes Park very close to the rocky mountain national park and downtown Estes.

Plus this is the hotel where the movie "The Shining" Was filmed.

http://www.stanleyhotel.com/
  • Options
    HDRoamerHDRoamer Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited February 15, 2011

Plus this is the hotel where the movie "The Shining" Was filmed.

http://www.stanleyhotel.com/

"REDRUM" mwink.gif

Also, stay away from the elk (there are many) especially this time off year during rutting season. They can be particularly nasty.