398-ivonne-r1177.jpg

398-ivonne-r1184.jpg

398-ivonne-r1229.jpg

398-ivonne-r1209.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    :D I'd like to do any of these type efforts at all.
    I really like all 4 and would easily say well done to each piece.
    Can't speak to technical aspects that may be issues here save for a few
    really small things that are of no consequence probably. The wall shadow in
    image 2 might be the only thing I would mention as a non possible fit for me.
    I'd have gone all white/other there. Or some other fit other than nebulas
    shadow with no mystery other than it looks creepy.

Your best feedback would no doubt come from posting in "People" as you
    mention. No matter if you do this kind of effort so very few times cause I
    feel these deserve that kind of attention.
    Interesting the flat colors tones settled on for image 4. And leave it at that.

Nice pieces Walter thumb.gif
    Michael
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    :D I'd like to do any of these type efforts at all.
    I really like all 4 and would easily say well done to each piece.
    Can't speak to technical aspects that may be issues here save for a few
    really small things that are of no consequence probably. The wall shadow in
    image 2 might be the only thing I would mention as a non possible fit for me.
    I'd have gone all white/other there. Or some other fit other than nebulas
    shadow with no mystery other than it looks creepy.

Your best feedback would no doubt come from posting in "People" as you
    mention. No matter if you do this kind of effort so very few times cause I
    feel these deserve that kind of attention.
    Interesting the flat colors tones settled on for image 4. And leave it at that.

Nice pieces Walter thumb.gif

Thanks Michael- this is good enough, no need to bother the people people. I'm not out to achieve technical perfection, just personal expression. Getting to know this girl has been a thrill for an old guy like me. She's a painter who supports my 'vision' in veristic surrealism, and I think she's totally and insanely hot. Ultimately my shots of her will end up in some of my composite images on down the line. We're planning another shoot next week in the same location to get used to each other some more. She's having a show next month. I want to incorporate her and her work into images. I have some ideas already, and those would be shared in this forum, one of my comfort zones.

The last two are most interesting to me. Both were shot in available natural light in the back of a gallery in a strip mall having her lie on a backless couch in the doorway produced some cool light. The light will be the same on any sunny day so that will be something consistant we can work with. She has cool feet, and other body parts. I'm thinking hands and the back of her. She has some creative ideas too, so I'm excited about the collaboration. She already mentioned that she will remove her contacts next time around. She looks good in glasses too, so that opens up some options.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2011
    Nice shots, Walter. My favorite is #4, even with the subdued tones. I like the pose and the rolled up trousers. Lovely model you found to work with.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • zhousuzhousu Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2011
    Single light is nice to portrait shooting. I like it.
    edited February 13, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    Nice shots, Walter. My favorite is #4, even with the subdued tones. I like the pose and the rolled up trousers. Lovely model you found to work with.

Thanks Lauren- Working with a model is completely foreign to me. I'm very lucky to have found her. My favorite rotates by the viewing, but many of those who have commented seem to take to the feet. I desaturated the color a bit to even out the color. She's quite light-skinned.
    zhousu wrote: »
    Single light is nice to portrait shooting. I like it.

Thank you. I usually work with landscapes and didn't want to vary my method too much. No flash, just one consistant natural source.
    Anybody can do it.
    edited February 13, 2011
    Hypnosis
    Now that I've been working with these shots a bit and getting used to them I thought I'd start working up some composites. Here's the first-
    398-iv-hypnosis-r1217.jpg
    A little course as I was just shooting with no particular result in mind. I have a few more ideas in I've come up with to work on while I'm waiting for our next session.
    Anybody can do it.