Senior Shoot - C & C Welcome

indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited February 16, 2011 in People
Would love some C & C on my first senior shoot of the year.

A lot is new for me in the past six months. I went full time, got all new equipment, new locations, refined style . . . The learning curve has been steep and GOOD. I hope it shows.

Thanks!

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    Well I just viewed the entire album and you've definitely got some lovely portraits in there...
    Four, eighteen, twenty and twentyseven are my picks but I'm sure she will them all.

Did you change foramts or did you switch bodies?
    Great start for the new year I say!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    Nope, didn't switch bodies. Used three lenses and my speedlight. Thanks for the kind words.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    Ah I see...
    I'm using a speedlight as well and I really like it shot thru the Aurora Firefly with 85 1.4 mounted
    It makes for more dynamic lighting on location IMHO
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    Jesse, I absolutely LOVE this set - they're fantastic! Comps, processing, the fabulous 'tude you've got out of this kid - I love the mood and feel to them. Really inspiring work! I bet she is THRILLED.

Meant to say to your earlier post(s) that i love your logo/site look - very clean and definitely conveys the kind of mood of your shooting style. thumb.gif
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    great great stuff..you really captured her personality well..it's spilling off the screen. I would like to see some tighter headshots though.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    Over all a good set. A little more attention to the backgrounds and compositions would make them better.
    I like your tight crop choices better than your far away composition choices.
    For me on some of them the light from below is to strong , looks like maybe a reflector was used to kick up light from below...but to much light...maybe just me.

Light from below makes the face look bigger and wider, light from above and side accentuates the eyes and cheek bones, more flattering.

You did the most important thing well....the girls personality was present in the shoot and you captured it well.
    Nice job.
    edited February 12, 2011
    Really great feedback. Thank you, everyone!
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2011
    I think they are all lovely.

peace, gail
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2011
    Jesse, very nice job on the site and shots. One odd thing is some links point to your your subdomain on smugmug, rather then keep your life photographed name, in the URL.
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2011
    I like the shot you posted, but "3 of 28" is the winner. Nice set.
    edited February 15, 2011
    jpc wrote: »
    I like the shot you posted, but "3 of 28" is the winner. Nice set.

I love #3, too... Thanks!thumb.gif
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2011
    Which Aurora Firefly modifier were you using?
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2011
    These just ooze personality and mood, and you have an excellent model to boot! In general, the closeups are my favorites. She must be thrilled. thumb.gif
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
    edited February 16, 2011
    These just ooze personality and mood, and you have an excellent model to boot! In general, the closeups are my favorites. She must be thrilled. thumb.gif

She is thrilled, thanks!

I'm moving to do more seniors and she's the first rep of my new program. I'm hoping this translates into referrals. Folks are all over them on her facebook and her mom said, "There are no words to describe how happy I am with these pictures."

:)

I am very committed to improving on my backgrounds and full-length posing. The feedback about that is super helpful.