Aravaipa Canyon

bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
edited February 14, 2011 in Landscapes
Here are few I got last week along the Aravaipa creek in SE Arizona.

Edit: Replaced the first 3 images with updated versions

1181734282_4v99y-L-2.jpg

1184552400_8qStk-L.jpg

1184552240_kU4P3-L.jpg

1184652580_kCy5Q-L-1.jpg

1181736140_BrNqA-L-1.jpg

1181737025_xQUqF-L-1.jpg

And a family of Javelina grazing along the creek
1181731394_Ctefp-XL.jpg

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    I really need to get down in this area some time. deal.gif

The greens are too much in the first two shots but images 4 and 5 are really nice. 5 being the standout. Balancing the shadows and the lit mesa was done very nicely. thumb.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    anwmn1 wrote: »

The greens are too much in the first two shots but images 4 and 5 are really nice. 5 being the standout. Balancing the shadows and the lit mesa was done very nicely. thumb.gif

Aaron, thanks for looking and the comments. I appreciate the feedback. The ones you liked are now 5 & 6.
    edited February 11, 2011
    anwmn1 wrote: »

Aaron, I replaced the first 3 images with updated versions. Any better?
  • Art MorganArt Morgan Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    Nice shots Brad! I hope you were able to stay warm...
    edited February 12, 2011
    Nice shots Brad! I hope you were able to stay warm...

Got down to a bit chilly 9 degrees at night but the tent was a balmy 75. :D

1181717858_JtMLP-L.jpg

I think we went through more than a cord of oak between the outside fire and the wood stove inside over our 6 day stay.

1192982890_6sAEz-XL.jpg
  • Art MorganArt Morgan Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2011
    9 degrees? Holy cow, who woulda thunk it in Southern Arizona? headscratch.gif

Kudos to who ever packed the wood stove and cord of wood. thumb.gif

Pooch looks comfy. Looks like you had a great set up!

Scott
    edited February 12, 2011
    9 degrees? Holy cow, who woulda thunk it in Southern Arizona? headscratch.gif

Kudos to who ever packed the wood stove and cord of wood. thumb.gif

Pooch looks comfy. Looks like you had a great set up!

Scott

Hi Scott, I bring the wood stove for my trailer tent if I know it will be cold and I am planning on staying a few days or more. This trip was 6 days. I only brought in a small amount of pecan wood for the first night. The local ranger said, "your going to need a lot more wood than that" when we talked as I was driving into camp. Luckily I have a chain saw and you can cut dead and down wood and the area had tons of dead and down oak to harvest while we were camping.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2011
    Brad, great series, this looks like it had to be great fun, great landscape, deer, pigs, you saw a bit of everything. If I had to pick a fav maybe #1 love the river taking the eye to the beautiful mountain, but you have a lot of close 2nds. I do have one suggestion, #3 that you redid it looks like some cloning or content aware duplicated the very bottom of the image. you can see it closer in #4 . sorry for nit pick.
    edited February 12, 2011
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    Brad, great series, this looks like it had to be great fun, great landscape, deer, pigs, you saw a bit of everything. If I had to pick a fav maybe #1 love the river taking the eye to the beautiful mountain, but you have a lot of close 2nds. I do have one suggestion, #3 that you redid it looks like some cloning or content aware duplicated the very bottom of the image. you can see it closer in #4 . sorry for nit pick.

Thanks for the feedback Doug. Yep the bottom of #3 had a steel cable across the creek that I cloned out but I admit I just did a quick clone without spending much time to make it a clean job. :D
  • mingdynastymingdynasty Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 13, 2011
    Javelina picture
    The creek in this picture looks very familiar to me. What part of the canyon is this in?
    edited February 14, 2011
    The creek in this picture looks very familiar to me. What part of the canyon is this in?

That was taken right around the Eastern wilderness boundary where Turkey creek joins the canyon looking generally East.