Options

San Francisco city scape (3 versions) - C&C Please!

SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited February 13, 2011 in Landscapes

Comments

• Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    I really like the first one, well exposed and nicely composed with the lines of the railings leading you into the skyline. The second one feels off-balance to me, with a lot of light and other stuff happening on the right side of the photo, and the left side seems to fade away. I like panoramas, but this one just doesn't do it for me. And I'm not a fan of the technique in the third photo.
  • Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    I really like #2 but agree the composition might need something... Perhaps a crop removing some of the left side of the image to remove some of the dark space after the bridge lights end. The large signature below it also dwarfs any of the details of the image and is somewhat distracting.
    I really like the variations in the illumination of the sky due to the city lights that are apparent with that extreme panorama view - cool perspective.
  • Options
    Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2011
    Love #2 a LOT!!
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • Options
    Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2011
    Beautiful work. love how you captured the lights and color of the city. Like your globe shot too, very cool
  • Options
    sgonensgonen Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2011
    #1 then #2 (minus about 1/5th on the left) then top 4/9ths of #3. Not trying to tell you how to crop but that's just my preference - great shots all 3.
  • Options
    rookieshooterrookieshooter Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2011
    That is pretty cool. I've shot there a bunch of times myself and have never seen it quite like this!
  • Options
    jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2011
    #3 is amazing love the affect great set.