Smoke machine and other things!

B RockB Rock Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited February 18, 2011 in People
A couple new images shot two weeks ago. I thought I would share.
Blog post with video from this shoot here:
http://brocklawsonphoto.wordpress.com/2011/02/08/lauren-inmon-in-the-studio-a-k-a-fire-the-smoke/

0daa6d46f516410e2801464ab25bb839_large.jpg
cf240a5d75ab79fa9dae2519f6bcb55d_large.jpg
03cd9528b29303ae5a766480ae8ab9e4_large.jpg
b72f05ceab37b532d73d9cb987972490_large.jpg

C&C Welcome

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2011
    Smoke machine cool thumb.gif
    Oooooohhh
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    edited February 13, 2011
    Ok, I'm done drooling over the cool smoke effect.
    Good stuff overall but I'm not liking the hot spots on her skin on the last two and the shiny-ness of her nose on the first one....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • B RockB Rock Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2011
    The nose light came from a hair light behind her and camera right. Don't really care for it myself but it was the headshot with the best pose so I went with it anyways. Thanks for looking clap.gif
    edited February 13, 2011
    Did you use gels to color the smoke?
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    edited February 13, 2011
    Yes there were 2 100w strobes that were flagged off from the model in the rear one with a blue and one with a green.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2011
    Hmm... I want to like these but something bugs me. I think it may be the poses. I'm sure these are legit poses but I'm digging the limpness of them. They almost seem like they were high and too tired to pose for you.

BTW, is that the same gal in the first too shots? She looks 20 years older in the first shot than the second. I think it's the eye makeup and the lighting.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
    edited February 13, 2011
    Yup it is the same girl haha. She looked a lot different everytime we changed makeup. I think it may be the facial expressions. She really only had one look the whole time. I just do what I always do. Make best of what is offered to me and hope to make a good photograph. :)
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2011
    There are aspects of the first 2 shots which I really like, but she does look severe and old with those dark circles under her eyes.

The lighting and the smoke are really nice and I like the lighting.
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/
    edited February 17, 2011
    I think what you are seeing is just how the makeup photographed. I understand what you are saying though and will go back and reedit to make it look a bit better. The MUA used a goldish colored eye shadow below and it makes it look sort of funny. Thanks for pointing that out!
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2011
    My only nit pick is these are good images...good glam...however, how come you didn't photoshop more of her face in the first image? It needs to be softer...(get rid of the dark circles).