Options

Playing around with re-branding my logo - feedback please

Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
edited February 24, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
I have been giving a lot of thought to re-branding my company with something more modern. I am in the process of switching to a ShowIt website and have been spending the day playing around with my logo. I had been having some problems with people finding my site as they would type in www.foreverandadayphoto.com and the web address is www.4everandaday.com so i though I would try and incorporate the 4 and not spell it all out in my logo. Would love some input on the different variations. Thanks!!

Old Logo:

309116366_4EDCD-L.gif

New Logo -
Option 1
1186774597_jbF9f-L.jpg

Option 2 - added some color
1186774602_oid9c-L.jpg

Option 3 - added color more subtle
1186774673_6aEDL-L.jpg

Option 4 - Full Description
1186774574_D4cPC-L.jpg
Jeff Milo
MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com

Comments

• Options
    edited February 13, 2011
    the old logo does not look as bad as it does here in print & on my site it is nice and clean and not pixelated as it appears above.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2011
    I like the last one the best. I will be honest though...I kept looking at your www address and was getting lost on how I would even type it. so many "a's, n's and d's" in the middle there! That's a tough one.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    WildViper
    From Nikon D70s > Nikon D300s & D700
    Nikon 50/1.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 1st gen, Nikkor 12-24/4, Nikkor 70-200/2.8 ED VR, SB600, SB900, SB-26 and Gitzo 2 Series Carbon Fiber with Kirk Ballhead
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the web address sounded much better, when I bought it 4 years ago, than it ended up being for practical use, and it has been a problem from time to time where I end up having to send people links. As I go though this re-branding and switching web sites and hosting companies I have been giving serious thought to changing it as well.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    Tas67Tas67 Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2011
    Hi Jeff,

Are you hesitant about going with your name? I know Jeff Milo is taken but what about www.jeffmilophoto.com?

I just think foreverandaday or 4everandaday is a little difficult to type.

Best
    Tanya
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2011
    Tanya,

I have been kicking around that idea as well. For multiple reasons, I do more than just wedding photography and it has seemed a bit weird to be at baseball games or karate tournaments with a name like Forever and a day Photography. It also opens up many more lofo/marketing ideas. I have thought about "Jeff Milo Photography", "Photography by Jeff", Photos by Jeff Milo", "JJM Photography" and several other variations. But the "Forever and a day" has some sentimental value to me through my relationship with my wife from way back when we were dating, its just a phrase that has been with us. So when I started the photogrpahy business is made perfect sense. The first domain name I ever had was completely spelled out "foreverandadayphotography.com" and that was an absolute nightmare. The other hesitation is I would also have to reach out to all past clients and make sure they know where to find their galleries. I have also been told that for weddings anyway when clients have been looking through a list of names that they often stop at mine first because of the name. If I am going to do it I guess this would be the time though.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2011
    Jeff_Milo wrote: »
    The other hesitation is I would also have to reach out to all past clients and make sure they know where to find their galleries.

You can set your old domain name to auto forward to your new site. This way you would not have to worry about alienating old customers, while still re-branding yourself for the future. You can even make a splash page that shows for several seconds if people go to the old domain, explaining that your domain has recently changed, and they will automatically be taken to the new site, and to please make note of it.
  • Options
    Tas67Tas67 Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2011
    Jeff_Milo wrote: »
    Tanya,

I have been kicking around that idea as well. For multiple reasons, I do more than just wedding photography and it has seemed a bit weird to be at baseball games or karate tournaments with a name like Forever and a day Photography. It also opens up many more lofo/marketing ideas. I have thought about "Jeff Milo Photography", "Photography by Jeff", Photos by Jeff Milo", "JJM Photography" and several other variations. But the "Forever and a day" has some sentimental value to me through my relationship with my wife from way back when we were dating, its just a phrase that has been with us. So when I started the photogrpahy business is made perfect sense. The first domain name I ever had was completely spelled out "foreverandadayphotography.com" and that was an absolute nightmare. The other hesitation is I would also have to reach out to all past clients and make sure they know where to find their galleries. I have also been told that for weddings anyway when clients have been looking through a list of names that they often stop at mine first because of the name. If I am going to do it I guess this would be the time though.

Hi Jeff,

I completely understand. It was just a suggestion as I noticed that when I typed out the "4everandadayphoto"..the andaday felt tricky to type. I kept wanting to type anddaday!

Anyway, I think it's great that you're at least considering revisiting your logo. Sometimes it's hard to want to change something that's been in place for a while.

I'm sure you'll come up something that you'll be happy with thumb.gif
  • Options
    orljustinorljustin Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2011
    Hire a designer.
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,462 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2011
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2011
    Can anyone recommend a designer. All the ones that I have seen want to do the whole package and I am not looking for someone to do my web site, I just want to brainstorm branding stratagies, decide on a name and then have them create a logo.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    JoiJoiJoiJoi Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    Hi there, if you are still looking, my husband could probably do it for you. As long as you sort of have an idea of what you want to represent out of it.
    Another alternative is crowdsourcing.

cheers.

Joi Cohen-Haroun