Some dogs and a rooster

skezskez Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited February 15, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Here are a few pictures of my girlfriend's Aussie and my mutt. Please do critique

1135067724_QhtF3-XL.jpg

1135067809_sCZ4F-XL.jpg

1135067838_u8jzL-XL.jpg

1135067953_e3SpA-XL.jpg

1187013616_3NYXW-XL.jpg

1187013754_Auw7y-XL.jpg

1187013788_EoYjN-XL.jpg

1187014141_tx8jj-XL.jpg

Here is the rooster, this was in Key West, FL. I need some advice about how to crop this one.

1186993408_rYaVo-M.jpg

All with my Nikon D50 + 1.8 35mm except the rooster, which was with the kit lens.

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2011
    Beautiful dogs .... You caught some wonderful expressions on their faces.

First photo I'd straighten tho :D

The rooster .. what a sight to see walking down the street. As for cropping that one. I'd take from right below the street pole in the upper left corner to the middle between the roosters tail and the persons left foot. Then I'd bring it down some under the roosters feet.

I'd do it and post it for you, but I won't do it without your permission :D
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited February 14, 2011
    Hi Skez and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. You have a nice looking dog. I especially like #2.

I'm not sure I understand what Mary is suggesting, but I would try to keep the legs in the frame. I would try to keep a 3x2 aspect anchored to the right edge and maybe shave a little off the top. I'll send you a PM with a rough cut.
    edited February 14, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Hi Skez and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. You have a nice looking dog. I especially like #2.

I'm not sure I understand what Mary is suggesting, but I would try to keep the legs in the frame. I would try to keep a 3x2 aspect anchored to the right edge and maybe shave a little off the top. I'll send you a PM with a rough cut.

I too like the idea of keeping the legs in the frame, but when I was messing with it I couldn't do that and get rid of the cars. I thought the legs needed the pants too :D

Hopefully you can post your version ... I'd love to see it :D
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited February 14, 2011
    I didn't try to get rid of the cars--remember, I'm a street shooter lol3.gif. OK, here's my take on it.

1187427390_gGsLv-S.jpg

Seriously, part of what I like about this shot is seeing a rooster in an urban setting and the cars are part of that.
    edited February 14, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    I didn't try to get rid of the cars--remember, I'm a street shooter lol3.gif. OK, here's my take on it.

1187427390_gGsLv-S.jpg

Seriously, part of what I like about this shot is seeing a rooster in an urban setting and the cars are part of that.

Yes you are a street shooter :D

What you did adds more to the 'uncommon sight this is to see' then what I was going to do. Mine would of been just stone and bird :D I did try moving the legs of the person around in the photo, but it didn't look natural. Well one kinda did, but I wasn't too sure about it. I had moved the legs to the upper left corner minus the cars.
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2011
    Forget the dogs ... a rooster doing the goose-step on the cobblestones is great.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • skezskez Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback guys, no worries about editing the pic.

My crop would have been either just the bird in the center or with the bird in the upper right third of the picture. I do like the idea of keeping the urban setting with the picture though.
  • skezskez Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited February 15, 2011
    Heres a bigger crop with the legs and cars

1188114813_9ic4w-L.jpg

And heres the other way round

1188124057_D2r3w-L.jpg

edit: looks like picasa was kind enough to mess with the saturation for me between crops