Just Married

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited February 17, 2011 in People
At a wedding. The couple walked away from crowd in the shade. Bride leaned on bench - groom stood there. She said 'take my picture'. I did. I laughed after I saw it and said 'just married'. I put it in this forum because I am no pro wedding photographer.

1187331821_BEDgK-XL.jpg

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2011
    I love the composition and emotion on this shot. I wish the bride was looking in a different direction and her upper body pose is not doing any favors for her.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2011
    Brought a smile to my face. Enjoyed its quirkiness. Could just as well be a funeral as a wedding since the corpse is not quite dead just as the pair are not quite married. Could be a still from an underground movie.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »
    I love the composition and emotion on this shot. I wish the bride was looking in a different direction and her upper body pose is not doing any favors for her.

Thanks much for the comment. Yea...her arm looks bent.
    edited February 14, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    Brought a smile to my face. Enjoyed its quirkiness. Could just as well be a funeral as a wedding since the corpse is not quite dead just as the pair are not quite married. Could be a still from an underground movie.

Neil

Ha ha... kinda what I was thinking! :D
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2011
    Never let a lady rest all the weight on her arm as you've done here. It gives her a footballish shoulder and is not feminine. Also you are showing her boradest side to the camera and that is not flattering to a lady. It does have a classic American Grafitti feel to it.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2011
    Love the shot. Looks like they are saying "what did we just do?" On a technical standpoint...I think the image is too harsh. I don't like where her foot is...(yikes). I have to agree with Charles on resting her arm.
    edited February 16, 2011
    Seneca wrote: »
    where her foot is...(yikes).

rolleyes1.gifNow, I think this is an appropriate chance to insert that tawdry remark which is the refuge of the lazy minded: "You are reading too much into the picture!"

What about how she has inserted one finger into a tunnel made by the fingers of the other hand!eek7.gifrolleyesmwink.gifDrolleyes1.gif

"Harsh"? Sure, the pic doesn't convey comfort.

Neil

edited February 16, 2011
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Never let a lady rest all the weight on her arm as you've done here. It gives her a footballish shoulder and is not feminine. Also you are showing her boradest side to the camera and that is not flattering to a lady. It does have a classic American Grafitti feel to it.

Charles, I'm sure you have noticed that women for some time now will not be denied anything that was previously a male preserve, including a male physique. Why, I saw a woman in a store just the other day buying Y-fronts!:D I for one am very grateful that mixed gender teams were not on when I was playing football. I think I owe my survival to the present day to that!eek7.gifrofl

Neil

edited February 16, 2011
    Thanks all for the remarks. I appreciate the suggestion about leaning on body weight...interesting...never would have thought. I actually learned quite a lot here! But, this shot was not planned. They were tired and she sat down and was giddy and said 'take my picture' - and the title just married struck me as funny since they look...well... what was posted. :D However I do have a few of her sitting more appropriately and happy that is much better and not a joke. I'll get around to those at some point.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2011
    Neil, her buying y-fronts is an image that I am unable to rid my mind of...........and I'm sure as h*ll trying.
    edited February 17, 2011
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Neil, her buying y-fronts is an image that I am unable to rid my mind of...........and I'm sure as h*ll trying.

Charles, I sympathise! I am similarly haunted!eek7.gifrofl

Neil