Couple of shots of my boys...

GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited February 16, 2011 in People
C&C always welcome (only way to get better).

1:
1186679528_i3pzM-L.jpg

2:
1186679421_XV55e-L.jpg

Comments

• indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2011
    #1 is much stronger compositionally. I really like it and how you used the environment to dictate the staging. You did a good job not completely blowing out the background, but it might benefit from some work on lowering the exposure to get some more details. Or, go the other way: totally blow it out and see what it looks like. Fun stuff!
  • GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2011
    indiegirl wrote: »
    #1 is much stronger compositionally. I really like it and how you used the environment to dictate the staging. You did a good job not completely blowing out the background, but it might benefit from some work on lowering the exposure to get some more details. Or, go the other way: totally blow it out and see what it looks like. Fun stuff!

Thanks, I like #1 better as well. Just spur of the moment shots.

Will have to work on the post on #1 a little more.

Thanks for the comments.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2011
    I'm not trying to be mean but these are nice catches of your children. Were you trying to create a special portrait or just to capture a moment? Try to lean the basics of composition and lighting and then see if your images equal what you have read. It helps to flip a photo upside down and then some of the mistakes catch your eye. Again these are great captures of you child at a moment in his life and are meant to be cherished but as an award winning photo they are not there yet.
  • GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2011
    Hackbone wrote: »
    I'm not trying to be mean but these are nice catches of your children. Were you trying to create a special portrait or just to capture a moment? Try to lean the basics of composition and lighting and then see if your images equal what you have read. It helps to flip a photo upside down and then some of the mistakes catch your eye. Again these are great captures of you child at a moment in his life and are meant to be cherished but as an award winning photo they are not there yet.

Not being mean at all. They're just spur of the moment shots, not an actual shoot. Although I like your suggestion of flipping the shot upside down. Hadn't thought of that.

Thanks for the suggestions.
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2011
    I like them, 1st one works for me... :)