B&W Church

frankco.frankco. Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited February 17, 2011 in Landscapes

Comments

• SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2011
    Nice.
    I would have a little less tree blocking the church, and the sky has a bit of noise in it.
  • jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2011
    Beautiful picture I really like it, Shame at that angle the corner of the one street (left side) and the other part of the building could not be cropped somehow without taking away to much from the pic.I still really like it :)
  • djkraandjkraan Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2011
    Translating to B&W is good. Sorry, I dont like the composition. Looks like the church is falling to the left.
  • Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2011
    Nice shot. The tree doesn’t bother me nor does the noise in the sky. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I would like to see the snow a bit whiter. Try pushing your exposure 1-1/2 - 2 stops when shooting a lot of white or lighter color. An easy way to get the proper exposure when shooting snow is to meter off of the snow and push your exposure that 1-1/2 -2 stops, you have to experiment a bit with your particular camera to see what works.<o:p></o:p>
    I don't think the church is leaning to the left, if it is not by much. The bigger issue here is converging vertical lines, most likely from tipping your camera back to get the top of the church in the frame. This problem can be remedied by moving back from the subject and shooting straight on or it can be fixed in PS. I don't have the time to go into the PS fix, but it is relatively simple and you should be able to find a tutorial on line. Or if it fits your budget, you could just spent a couple G's and by at tilt-shift lens.<o:p></o:p>
    Keep shooting, I like the overall tone and mood for this particular image.<o:p></o:p>
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.