Refillable Cartridge for Canon PIXMA Pro series?

haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
edited February 17, 2011 in Digital Darkroom
I have found this Refillable cartridge set for my Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 mark II.
The link: http://cgi.ebay.com/CISS-CIS-Canon-PIXMA-Pro-9000-mark-II-ARC-cartridge-/260583018992?pt=BI_Toner&hash=item3cabf551f0
Does any body here have any info on how reliable these cartridges are? Is it worth it buying it?

Thanks!

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited February 16, 2011
    I can't remember where I saw the study, but the conclusion was there were no aftermarket ink cartridges or refill kits that were any good. The inks that Canon uses are proprietary. You'll notice the ad says "comparable ink quality", which says absolutely nothing. I was ready to throw away a printer once that was malfunctioning due to aftermarket ink cartridges until I realized they were the source of my problems. I do hate the cost of Canon ink though. Maybe you can try this refill kit and let us know. mwink.gif
  • haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    I can't remember where I saw the study, but the conclusion was there were no aftermarket ink cartridges or refill kits that were any good. The inks that Canon uses are proprietary. You'll notice the ad says "comparable ink quality", which says absolutely nothing. I was ready to throw away a printer once that was malfunctioning due to aftermarket ink cartridges until I realized they were the source of my problems. I do hate the cost of Canon ink though. Maybe you can try this refill kit and let us know. mwink.gif

Yeah. The original ink is soooo expensive....I will try I think.
    edited February 17, 2011
    Cool. Maybe make a print using factory Canon cartridges, then compare that to a print of the same shot with the refill kit installed.
  • haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Cool. Maybe make a print using factory Canon cartridges, then compare that to a print of the same shot with the refill kit installed.

God idea!
    TH only problem that the Canon ones are running out... :)
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2011
    haring wrote: »
    God idea!

Compare a Print previously made?
    tom wise
    edited February 17, 2011
    haring wrote: »
    God idea!
    Well, do it before they do! :D Seriously, they don't all run out at the same time. It would be well worth investing in a cartridge or even two to do this test. It's pretty important for your piece of mind I would think. It would be for mine.

Or do as Tom says. That'll work as well.