Options

LR Catalog Not Writeable

cape codcape cod Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited February 19, 2011 in Finishing School
Went to open a LR catalog .. message came back "not writable cannot be
opened" other catalogs open as they should . PC with LR3 -- no clue .. don:scratch

Comments

• Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2011
    I would right-click the catalog file on the desktop and do a Properties and make sure it's not set to Read Only, or look for messed up file access permissions. I know I'm not being precise but I'm on a Mac, though I remember very seeing similar file options in Properties on Windows.
  • Options
    cape codcape cod Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2011
    still an issue
    colourbox wrote: »
    I would right-click the catalog file on the desktop and do a Properties and make sure it's not set to Read Only, or look for messed up file access permissions. I know I'm not being precise but I'm on a Mac, though I remember very seeing similar file options in Properties on Windows.

Found the catalog .. unchecked Read Only .. apply then ok .. same issue .. I looked at other working catalogs and their set to Read Only .. don
  • Options
    HDRoamerHDRoamer Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2011
    Sounds cryptic, like Adobe can be. Can you provide a screen capture of the message? Any other details? Is this your normal working cat or? Have you changed or PC changed drive letters or paths ?
  • Options
    mathysmathys Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2011
    Have you checked your backup catalogs to see if they work?
    edited February 19, 2011
    We have liftoff
    mathys wrote: »
    Have you checked your backup catalogs to see if they work?
    Don't really know what I did but I kept going back and forth to different catalogs and suddenly the problem catalog popped open and I was good to go .. worked in LR quite a bit today and all systems are normal . appreciate the thoughts .. donclap.gif