edited February 19, 2011 in People
1186303218_EXWS3-X2.jpg

Comments

• jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2011
    I can't get past the hair!
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2011
    sorry but this is not doing it for me. overexposed, harsh light, peach fuzz, stray hair, etc
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • meadow'srainmeadow'srain Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited February 18, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »
    sorry but this is not doing it for me. overexposed, harsh light, peach fuzz, stray hair, etc
    I just bought the camera. I had it for 2 weeks. It was a spur of the moment shot. You probably had peach fuzz when you were 3 years old, too. I didn't think this site was going to be so mean. You probably came out of the womb with your camera. I didn't.
  • jarboedoggartjarboedoggart Registered Users Posts: 270 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2011
    Its not mean, everyone respects eachother enough to be honest so we can all improve. Take the criticism as a compliment...headscratch.gif
    -Nate
    Jarboe Doggart Photography - jarboedoggart.com
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2011
    I just bought the camera. I had it for 2 weeks. It was a spur of the moment shot. You probably had peach fuzz when you were 3 years old, too. I didn't think this site was going to be so mean. You probably came out of the womb with your camera. I didn't.

heh..sorry if it came out harsh..I didn't realize you would take it that way. ne_nau.gifRegarding the peach fuzz..it's not about whether you have any or not..it's just that the lighting is really emphasizing it and detracts from the shot. Keep practicing!:D
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • meadow'srainmeadow'srain Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited February 18, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »
    heh..sorry if it came out harsh..I didn't realize you would take it that way. ne_nau.gifRegarding the peach fuzz..it's not about whether you have any or not..it's just that the lighting is really emphasizing it and detracts from the shot. Keep practicing!:D
    ok thanks. I bought a bunch of books so I can improve. Even bought a video for my ipad. It just sounded a little harsh. Everyone has to start out at the bottom. Sorry if I came back at you a little hard. 9496500-Ti.gif
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2011
    Its not mean, everyone respects eachother enough to be honest so we can all improve. Take the criticism as a compliment...headscratch.gif

I agree with this post. I know it's hard to take critique...I'll be the first one to admit to that. I have been shooting for about 4 years now and some the most harshest critiques I received on a paid forum...made me a better photographer. Keep an open mind and know that if someone is critiquing...it's because they see something your not seeing. The common denominator here is we all love photography...we can learn from each other.

Today my photo business is still part-time...(because I choose it to be), but I learned a lot a long the way...from people who cared to give me advice.

Keep rocking and keep shooting.

thumb.gif
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2011
    First off, welcome to the board.....
    Sometimes comments can be mis-interpreted and or taken the wrong way but indeed there is much to distract from what you may have intended with this shot. Trust me, you will improve your skills and artistic vision if you keep shooting.
    We all have to start somewhere and this is a great place to learn and share.....
    Yo soy Reynaldo