Options

Digital at Night Time Question

Spencer1Spencer1 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited July 6, 2004 in Cameras
Does anyone else have problems using the digital cammera at night? I have an Olympus C-700 (I basically use it on Auto settings to point and shoot) but when I used it for fourth of July at night time 1st I couldn't see what I was shooting at than it doesn't seem to focus that great at night. Any solutions or suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Spencer

Comments

• Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2004
    Spencer1 wrote:
    Does anyone else have problems using the digital cammera at night? I have an Olympus C-700 (I basically use it on Auto settings to point and shoot) but when I used it for fourth of July at night time 1st I couldn't see what I was shooting at than it doesn't seem to focus that great at night. Any solutions or suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Spencer
    The forum has 3 background color/style combos. With 'default' your text is legible, with 'white' it is obnoxious and with 'test' it is illegible.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2004
    Night
    Spencer1 wrote:

First, please don't change the text color in your post.

I use a single lens reflex camera, which makes night shooting much easier than a point-and-shoot with its LCD view finder. As far as the focus problem goes, nighttime is always an issue with autofocus, as it can't find enough contrast in the image to determine focus in the first place. You will probably have to go with manual focus.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu