Options

A packages question...

brjphotobrjphoto Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
edited October 30, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
So, I'm finally getting around to setting up some packages.

I have a question... can I force packages? Here is typical situation.

I just did photos for a small preschool (14 kids). My normal process is to upload the photos, send out an email, and offer online ordering for 2 weeks. This works fine, but I wanted to kick it up a notch and add packages to the equation.

I created 3 basic packages and added them. Now I see them as an option when the customer goes to order prints, but I also see the regular ordering option as well. I want to force packages, and then once they have a package in their shopping cart, they can add additional photos a la carte.

Is this possible?

Comments

• Options
    brjphotobrjphoto Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2011
    So I'm guess, by the silence, that the answer is no.

I can offer packages, but I can't make people buy them. If mom wants to purchase a single 4x6 instead of a package, she will still have that option.

brjphoto wrote: »
    So, I'm finally getting around to setting up some packages.

I have a question... can I force packages? Here is typical situation.

I just did photos for a small preschool (14 kids). My normal process is to upload the photos, send out an email, and offer online ordering for 2 weeks. This works fine, but I wanted to kick it up a notch and add packages to the equation.

I created 3 basic packages and added them. Now I see them as an option when the customer goes to order prints, but I also see the regular ordering option as well. I want to force packages, and then once they have a package in their shopping cart, they can add additional photos a la carte.

Is this possible?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2011
    Hi,

Sorry your post was overlooked. Actually, you can disable a la carte pricing. Just set the pricing for all products in a gallery to 0. Then only the package option would be available.
    That said, once you set prices to 0 for all products, only the packages would be available and customers couldn't buy individual prints.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    RidefastRidefast Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 27, 2011
    doesn't work as expected
    I appreciate the reply on here as I am looking to offer only package sets, but the reply of disable all other pricing and all they will see are packages isn't correct.

I have set pricing for all items to 0.00 from both labs in my pricing.

I have created three test packages

I go to the gallery, click on "buy" and I see

Buy...This Photo
    Photos in this gallery
    Photo Package

I think most people will click This photo or Photos in this gallery

If they do that they get a page with:

"Sorry, this photo has no products available for purchase"

or

"the are not photos for sale in that gallery"

only if they click on Photo Package will they get to see the packages to choose.

From a marketing and sales engagement perspective this is terrible. You want your customers to click to buy, in this scenario 2 out of 3 choices tell your prospective customers that there is nothing to buy here.

Am I mistaken on how this is setup?

Bill Nichols
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2011
    Bill, see my reply on the other thread.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=208495
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero