Online payment and payout options?

borgborg Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited March 17, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
When we will be able to receive our money through some online payment options such as Moneybookers,Payoneer and Paypal?

Also, Probably many of buyers are afraid to leave their credit card numbers on Internet...
I think is better option for Smugmug to have online payment options, also for buyers...
I sold many of my old photos on some stock sites, soon after I was uploaded these images here...
Probably after they saw image here, buyers was searching my name to pay these images with safe payment option for them somewhere else....

P.S.

Its better deal for all of us, if they make shopping here...

Regards!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2011
    We do intend to offer Paypal as a payment option - can't give a timeframe but we intend to do it. Thanks.
  • borgborg Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited February 22, 2011
    Excellent, for buyers!

Paypal doesn't work in every country, so Moneybookers is alternative that works... So in my case, I won't be able to receive money here in Croatia, only with Moneybookers...
    edited February 25, 2011
    Checks are so complicated, after waiting to receive the check, it goes on "verification of the sender" in some bank office, if amount is more than 200$ I have to clarify the origin of the money to the tax office and then I can get my money...
    Wire transfer is much easier, but online payment service is much much better option...
    Is it possible to give you my Payoneer username or (mastercard) number and receive money through their payment system!? You don't need contract with them for that...
    Here is link: https://load.payoneer.com/LoadToPage.aspx
    edited February 28, 2011
    Isn't it weird to sell digital photos online and then receive money from the sales as 100 years ago,with checks?
    edited March 10, 2011
    Paypal is now available in my country, so wait for sales only now! ;-)
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2011
    borg wrote: »
    Isn't it weird to sell digital photos online and then receive money from the sales as 100 years ago,with checks?

Yup, that's why we're working on something better for our international pros.
  • rharrisrharris Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    Andy wrote:
    Yup, that's why we're working on something better for our international pros

Much appreciated! Please send out a 'news letter' when things progress :-)