Sleeping Baby

skufukuskufuku Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited September 25, 2005 in People
Hi everyone I'm new here and had a question about this photo.This is a baby my wife and I are watching for a while. He feel asleep on our bed and looked so peacefull I had to take a couple of shots. However I didn't notice his left hand comming from nowhere now that I see it, it's bugging me. My wife and mother love this shot, neither of which are photographers. What do you guys think is this shot worth anything, or should I just file it away into our family photo album. Also is it flat or am I being too critical?

Comments

• AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2005
    Very Nice
    skufuku wrote:
    Hi everyone I'm new here and had a question about this photo.This is a baby my wife and I are watching for a while. He feel asleep on our bed and looked so peacefull I had to take a couple of shots. However I didn't notice his left hand comming from nowhere now that I see it, it's bugging me. My wife and mother love this shot, neither of which are photographers. What do you guys think is this shot worth anything, or should I just file it away into our family photo album. Also is it flat or am I being too critical?
    Welcome to the forum... Very sweet shot to make an entrance with! The left hand doesn't bother me at all, it looks like what it is, a small sweet thing, lying on the bed curled, into himself, without a care in the world.
    How lucky he is to be able to rest safe and sound in with a family who will ove and care for him.
    I suspect that this image would look wonderful cropped in tighter. A real keeper!
    Great first shot!
    Bonne chance,
    ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2005
    I think it might work better in BW. The background is busy and sems to take the focus off the baby.
  • photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2005
    skufuku wrote:
    hummmm. I like the contrast between the bedding and the baby...tones and texture are in such stark contrast. Don't like the little hand jutting out (although that's how I sleep!) or the hand covering the face. Sweet baby-sleeping face would have been just perfect for this contrast study. Cool idea.
  • PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2005
    I agree. I like the contrast and think the color should stay. A good picture if you ask me... maybe not great... but good.
  • skufukuskufuku Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2005
    Thanks for the welcome, and comments. Your critiques are great they make me want to do better and that is what a critique should do. This baby was sleeping so sound I could have and should have moved his hands. I need to slow down a little and think a little more with my photography. Thanks again everyone.:photo