D90 with Tamron 28-75 2.8

GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited February 20, 2011 in People
Hi!

I posted this over in the technique forum, but maybe you all here have more input on what I can do to get better shots with this lens and my D90.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1560928&posted=1#post1560928

Thank you!
GG

Comments

• vivalaveritasvivalaveritas Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2011
    I own this lens, but don't use it much due to it's lack of clarity. It's not bad for the money, but wasn't great. I have never had the extreme problems that you are talking about however.
    We did have to dial in the focus a bit on our D300s, but other then that I have not heard anyone who had problems as extensive as yours. May it's just a bad copy.
    How do the photos look when you use the manual focus?
  • GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2011
    I own this lens, but don't use it much due to it's lack of clarity. It's not bad for the money, but wasn't great. I have never had the extreme problems that you are talking about however.
    We did have to dial in the focus a bit on our D300s, but other then that I have not heard anyone who had problems as extensive as yours. May it's just a bad copy.
    How do the photos look when you use the manual focus?

I am going to send it back to Tamron to calibrate for my camera as suggested and ask if they can just send me another copy based on the problems I am having. I have not tried manual focus with it. It is just so weird that the problem is more eminent with my D90. I used the D50 tonight with the Tamron and I was able to cover a group of 13, I am however going to try to find a lens that is more reliable though. :)

Thank you for your input :)
    GG
  • vivalaveritasvivalaveritas Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2011
    Not sure what your budget is, but the Nikon 24-70 is similar in focal length and amazing quality. We rented one for a wedding and I was very impressed by the clarity at 2.8. But it does cost $1500 :(
  • GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2011
    Not sure what your budget is, but the Nikon 24-70 is similar in focal length and amazing quality. We rented one for a wedding and I was very impressed by the clarity at 2.8. But it does cost $1500 :(

My budget is $1600; well, I should have this by this fall at least :).I am looking forward to renting Nikon's 24-70 2.8; I've heard so many great things about it!! I am also going to rent nikon's 17-55mm 2.8 as well before I drop the hammer in the fall :)