Old irish farmers wife

oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
edited February 20, 2011 in People
Hi all
I was taking photos at an event last year and came up with these. I hope you like them so let me know what you think.
5087390803_330d5a991b_z.jpg
IMG_0737 by OakField Photography, on Flickr

5087989302_922f627595_z.jpg
IMG_0744 by OakField Photography, on Flickr

Comments

• Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2011
    Love the second shot. Hate the watermark.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2011
    I like them. I miss seeign old farmers, haha ... weird ... never realized I haven't seen any in quite some years.

I'd probably ad a bit of a vignette to both shots. Did you get a close up of the woman's face?
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2011
    I love that little slice of distant scenery in #2. I bet this would look great as a big print. Nice work.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • oakfieldphotography.comoakfieldphotography.com Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2011
    Glad you all like them. Yes the watermark is destroying the images. I am having trouble trying to make a watermark in cs5. Something that i can resize for different size photos. The trouble is now that i have uploaded over 16,000 photographs to Flickr and will have to replace them all. Bumer

Regards
    Patrick Mullan.
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2011
    If you are using PS just use a blending mode of Hard Light on your type Layer and back off the opacity to your taste. There are more involved techniques but at least this will prevent your watermark from dominating. I'm sure there must be a way to automate this in PS and with 16,000 photos you better find it! rolleyes1.gif
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album