Have a Cold One

KinyinKinyin Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited February 22, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Greetings all,

A friend of mine has been raving about this forum, so I decided to join and throw out a recent image to start with :)

Done with a long rectangular light tent, I placed it on it's face and shot through the removable bottom. That way the plexiglass base that came with it would curve up the back wall. A soft box under neath and another from above on a boom for lighting.

Acrylic ice, glycerin to give it a melting effect, and some watered down coke, since booze isn't allowed on campus.

Only photoshop work done was color correction and scratch removal on the plexiglass, since school equipment never gets taken care of.

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2011
    I like it.......thumb.gif
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2011
    very cool... and very nicely done! who knew watered-down Coke really does look like brandy?
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • KinyinKinyin Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited February 21, 2011
    I appreciate the comments!

I tried to get the coke as flat as I could, shaking it, letting it air out, etc. Another option is to reduce some apple juice in a sauce pan. For added effect you can use some soap along the inside of the glass to replicate surface tension that alcohol has.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2011
    Very good work thumb.gif