Options

For those who give clients a disc of images...

mpriest13mpriest13 Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
edited February 23, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
How many of you use an outside service like WHCC to make professional looking CD/DVD cases? I recently found them and you can get a pretty nice looking CD/DVD case for under $30. Anyone using them or anyone else for this type of thing?

Comments

• Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2011
    mpriest13 wrote: »
    How many of you use an outside service like WHCC to make professional looking CD/DVD cases? I recently found them and you can get a pretty nice looking CD/DVD case for under $30. Anyone using them or anyone else for this type of thing?

Under $30????
    For how many?

I buy the DVD cases, double thin ones, for .12c ea in lots of 200 from the computer parts supplier and printable DVD disks for .22c ea.

I design up a slick in the printer software for whatever event or use I have with a pic on the front and some advertising blurb on the back and do a design for the disk as well.

I pre-print the disks and the slicks and put them in the covers before the event. We burn the disks, put them in the pre-prepared covers and out the door they go. Looks cool as and costs me under .50C per unit.

they don't take much time, I set the printer going with the slicks then cut them up and put them in the covers while I'm watching TV. I do the same with printing the disks and use several trays to speed up the process.
    I can easily have 100 covers ready to go in the time it takes to watch a movie.
  • Options
    mpriest13mpriest13 Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    Glort wrote: »
    Under $30????
    For how many?

I buy the DVD cases, double thin ones, for .12c ea in lots of 200 from the computer parts supplier and printable DVD disks for .22c ea.

I design up a slick in the printer software for whatever event or use I have with a pic on the front and some advertising blurb on the back and do a design for the disk as well.

I pre-print the disks and the slicks and put them in the covers before the event. We burn the disks, put them in the pre-prepared covers and out the door they go. Looks cool as and costs me under .50C per unit.

they don't take much time, I set the printer going with the slicks then cut them up and put them in the covers while I'm watching TV. I do the same with printing the disks and use several trays to speed up the process.
    I can easily have 100 covers ready to go in the time it takes to watch a movie.

Well, I only need one customized disc for each client.

http://www.whcc.com/products/boxes-and-cases/cd-cases/

Seems like an ok idea for weddings...maybe a little expensive for engagement and family pics etc..
  • Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    ok, they are more upmarket and presentable to what I do.
    I agree though, it is a premium priced product you would not want to giving out too lightly.
    Are there any other vendors you have come across with similar products?