Lightroom # of file limit per task?

babygodzillababygodzilla Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
edited February 23, 2011 in Finishing School
Hi,

Does anyone know if LR has a limit of # of files per task? I just tried to delete a little over 8000 photos, and it failed to do so. All it did was "Gathering information" and then "Task completed." I ended up deleting a couple thousand photos in a few batches.

Thanks!

Comments

• arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    I suspect its OS and hardware dependent, I don’t know if anyone outside Adobe has firm numbers. It should delete 8000 images but, heck, it didn’t so maybe two batches of 4000. Might want to submit a bug report for Adobe to help them out.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    My experience is that you cannot delete more than 100 images at a time in Lightroom. My hunch is that it has to do with the undo buffer size. It could either a single step or a 100 step undo and most programs are limited at 100 steps of undo just to keep performance reasonable. I did not file a bug but can recreate it easily if you need collaborating information.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • babygodzillababygodzilla Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    that Undo limit is for 1000 pictures. I was able to delete 2-3000 pictures at a time, i just wouldn't be able to undo that task. I dono what the problem is with 8000 pictures..