I'd Rob A Bank For This One

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited February 26, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Feast your eyes on the Buick Blackhawk. This car was created in 2000. It was produced by Buick and designed by Steven Pasteiner, who worked for GM before starting his own company. The car was conceived to celebrate many aspects of Buick's heritage. The styling draws heavily upon the 30's and 40's look, yet the car features some of the most advanced technology seen in a modern automobile.

Meant to be driven, the Blackhawk uses a 455 C.I. Buick GS Stage III V-8 engine producing 463 HP and over 500 lbs/ft of torque. The retractable top allows for open-air motoring. The dark cherry paint is the perfect color for this masterpiece.

502085631_r934j-X2.jpg

502085425_ihJeh-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• yendikenoyendikeno Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    Wow
    that is a gorgeous car!
    Regards,
    AZFred
  • BoutteBoutte Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    You might have to rob two.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    I'd have to rob a bank, that's petty cash for you Tom rolleyes1.gif

Beautiful car, especially due to it being built in 2000. Image that, someone still knows how to build a car, artistically. Sounds like she'll run too!
    Randy
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    yendikeno wrote: »
    that is a gorgeous car!

My sentiments exactly. It's certainly one of the most beautiful custom cars I've ever seen.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited February 23, 2011
    Boutte wrote: »
    You might have to rob two.

I hear that. I'm sure Buick's marketing dept. took a real hit to foot the bill for this baby's creation. At least, in this case, they got their monies worth.

Tom
    edited February 23, 2011
    rwells wrote: »
    I'd have to rob a bank, that's petty cash for you Tom rolleyes1.gif

Beautiful car, especially due to it being built in 2000. Image that, someone still knows how to build a car, artistically. Sounds like she'll run too!

The guy riding herd on that steer said it would run 0 -60 MPH in less than 5 seconds. That's pretty darn strong for something in that weight range. You'd probably need that kind of performance to outrun the women chasing that thing.

Take care, buddy,

Tom
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited February 24, 2011
    Neat car. It's an interesting combination of modern and classic. Definitely a head-turner.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    Beautiful Car, Tom...... I saw on the internet that it sold for $522,500 dollars.

That doesn't fit in the budget:D
    edited February 24, 2011
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Beautiful Car, Tom...... I saw on the internet that it sold for $522,500 dollars.

That doesn't fit in the budget:D

Thanks for the info, Gary. I didn't know it had sold. Brought a pretty penny too. It is a gorgeous thing.

Tom
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2011
    I remember seeing this on The Serious Wheels website a while back. Cool that you got to see it in person :-)
    Canon Fan
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2011
    Beautiful car. One I'd be happy to have :D
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2011
    That's really gorgeous, Tom! The thing that makes it very interesting was that it's made in the year 2000 with an impressive technical data. 0 - 60MPH in less than 5 seconds? Wow! clap.gifclapclap.gifthumb
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
    edited February 26, 2011
    I remember seeing this on The Serious Wheels website a while back. Cool that you got to see it in person :-)

I, too, had seen this on a couple of auto-oriented TV shows. They don't impart to you, though, just how striking this car is. You get a much better feel for proportions, finish, and overall presence when you see it in person.

Thanks for looking in,

Tom
    edited February 26, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Beautiful car. One I'd be happy to have :D

Why am I not surprised, Mary, that you would like this ride? This thing would allow you to really strut your stuff. I can see it now....wings.gif

Take care,

Tom
    edited February 26, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    That's really gorgeous, Tom! The thing that makes it very interesting was that it's made in the year 2000 with an impressive technical data. 0 - 60MPH in less than 5 seconds? Wow! clap.gifclapclap.gifthumb

Hey Jiro,

It is pretty impressive that a car this heavy can haul butt so well. Half the secret is to design the suspension in a fashion that lets the car " hook up " on acceleration and put the power to the ground.

Tom