Blackrock Summit, SNP

cb4photocb4photo Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
edited March 1, 2011 in Landscapes
Alright... One of my first times posting a picture, hope I get the links right. :D

I have not been able to get out as much as I use to, new baby in the family. But was able to get out to Shenandoah National Park for sunset this past weekend. Blackrock Summit, it started out as a nice day but the closer to sunset it got, the more overcast the sky became. I had about a 1 minute break in the clouds for this shot, then it went back to complete cloud cover. It was still fun just to get out.

Thanks for looking, C+C are welcome.

1193835769_2ACSp-L-1.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    I fixed the link for you so that the successful post is moved to the original, and I cleaned things up a bit.

Gorgeous view from up there and I love the dramatic clouds over that valley. Congrats on the new addition and I hope you will soon have many other opportunities to hike the Shenendoahs thumb.gif
  • cb4photocb4photo Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    Thanks Schmoo... Do you miss Baltimore at all?
    schmoo wrote: »
    I fixed the link for you so that the successful post is moved to the original, and I cleaned things up a bit.

Gorgeous view from up there and I love the dramatic clouds over that valley. Congrats on the new addition and I hope you will soon have many other opportunities to hike the Shenendoahs thumb.gif
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    Really nice composition with the foreground rocks. The clouds do add the drama here, so your timing was perfect. Nice capture!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    Nice shot! I agree, photography is often nice simply because it gets you outside - it's quite therapeutic. I too like the foreground rocks and the nice capture of your (briefly) beautiful sky.
  • Bryans12vBryans12v Registered Users Posts: 362 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    Good to see you enjoying the great outdoors again! Ill be passing through here in the spring and wanted to see the top here! Any tips on getting up? I still have the park map from last years drive through.

Congrats on the new addition to the family! I just found out a few days ago that I was a Dad, too! :D
  • bnickesonbnickeson Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2011
    Great use of foreground and leading lines into the image. Looks like a beautiful spot!
  • chuck54chuck54 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2011
    Nicely composed image. The grain orientation of the rocks in the foreground leads you right into the backround.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2011
    cb4photo wrote: »
    Thanks Schmoo... Do you miss Baltimore at all?

Absolutely! Although summer will be upon us before we know it, and I am grateful to not have to swelter through another city summer. I keep joking I want to winter in Baltimore.

I've actually never had a real chance to explore the beautiful Shenandoahs. One of these days I will be around the right time of year to do that!
    edited March 1, 2011
    It is probably one of the easiest hikes in the park, little over a mile round trip on the AT. Easy to find parking area. The hard part is.... so many great rocks up there its hard to pick which ones to use as your foreground. rolleyes1.gif
    Bryans12v wrote: »
    Good to see you enjoying the great outdoors again! Ill be passing through here in the spring and wanted to see the top here! Any tips on getting up? I still have the park map from last years drive through.

Congrats on the new addition to the family! I just found out a few days ago that I was a Dad, too! :D
    edited March 1, 2011
    Though I do really like living close to Washington and Baltimore... SNP and George Washington Forest are the main reason I moved back to the East Coast.
    schmoo wrote: »
    I've actually never had a real chance to explore the beautiful Shenandoahs. One of these days I will be around the right time of year to do that!
    edited March 1, 2011
    Thanks for the kind comments everyone. thumb.gif
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2011
    Nice light! Great colors in the rocks and sky.