37274139-M.jpg
My son with the ball
Thanks for looking
Gary

Comments

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2005
    Hi gary

You did well! I follow some advice from a US soccer shooter whose work I admire. His words: "shoot tight, crop tighter". And "face, ball, action, contact" for the elements that make a good shot.
    You've got contact and action, you've got faces, you've got good focus and pretty good exposure (a bit bright, I think) so now to really give them impact, try cropping in.

Here is one of my galleries of my oldest sons team - U16 boys- looks to me like your son is near the same age- these are all cropped for printing at 4 x 6 while still trying to crop tight. I do that so that when I'm selling prints, it is easy to use the edited version.

http://canadian-ann.smugmug.com/gallery/629640

ann
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2005
    Thanks Ann

I am going to have a go now post again later
    Gary
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Hi gary

You did well! I follow some advice from a US soccer shooter whose work I admire. His words: "shoot tight, crop tighter". And "face, ball, action, contact" for the elements that make a good shot.
    You've got contact and action, you've got faces, you've got good focus and pretty good exposure (a bit bright, I think) so now to really give them impact, try cropping in.

Here is one of my galleries of my oldest sons team - U16 boys- looks to me like your son is near the same age- these are all cropped for printing at 4 x 6 while still trying to crop tight. I do that so that when I'm selling prints, it is easy to use the edited version.

http://canadian-ann.smugmug.com/gallery/629640

ann