San Francisco Wedding

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited February 29, 2016 in Weddings
Last Tuesday I shot a small wedding in San Francisco for Micheal & Danielle.

The entire group was only 11 people, bride, groom, bride's parents, two kids, friend, and four photographers. Yes four. The bride and groom are photographers. :D

We did create a stir everywhere we went. Big white limo pulls up bride and groom exit, then four photographers jump out and surround them snapping away. You could just see it in the onlookers eyes, who are these people?? :D

Here is Danielle:
1198385173_HGHJM-L-1.jpg

This is part of a Native American wedding ceremony:
1198385235_P8y7A-L-1.jpg

This was taken at the Palace of Fine Arts:
1198385370_47fDZ-L-1.jpg

Try keeping a camera out of a photographers hands:
1198385779_oA98v-L-1.jpg

Still at the Palace of Fine Arts:
1198385513_CwYhW-L-1.jpg

Then off to dinner:
1198386952_XX6Dy-L-1.jpg

Dinner was at John's Grill were the Maltese Falcon is located:
1198386601_2VGJ4-L-1.jpg

And a good time was had by all:
1198386280_UAKxZ-L-1.jpg

As is the custom, comments are welcome.

Sam

Comments

• sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2011
    Very nice, Sam. My favorites are 2 and 3. Sounds like a Three Stooges episode - no, make that Four. :D
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2011
    Haha, love the shot of the bride with the camera. I wish I had a camera at my wedding. I am all jealous now.
  • vivalaveritasvivalaveritas Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2011
    The bride was taking her own photos?! Thats great!
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2011
    What is the "thing" in #2? Looks really cool. I'll bet the event was fun, looks like a good group. Love the bride taking pix shot.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2011
    indiegirl wrote: »
    What is the "thing" in #2? Looks really cool. I'll bet the event was fun, looks like a good group. Love the bride taking pix shot.

Hi sweetie......:D

This is a vase used in a native American wedding ceremony. After the pronouncements and brief ceremony the bride and groom each drink from the vase using one opening for the bride and one for the groom.

Short story:

After explaining this to another forum member in a phone conversation, she asked what was in the vase. I explained that is was blood. After assuring her it was blood and required for the ceremony I could hear the horror in her voice. After some unintelligible sounds I said "whats wrong with you? You act as though you never drank blood! At this point she was in severe distress.....................I could almost read her mind....holy cr&%^7 who is the guy I am talking too? Yikes...run little feet run!

I couldn't continue........I told her the truth, it was water. :D

I had fun. Did you?

Sam
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2011
    Fun set, my only nit is, the dinner plate, the baked potato is the ugliest item on the plate, I might have focused on the lemon or even the garnish!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2011
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    Fun set, my only nit is, the dinner plate, the baked potato is the ugliest item on the plate, I might have focused on the lemon or even the garnish!

Just because it's baked and wrinkly doesn't mean it's not beautiful. :D

Plus it was so dark I was lucky when I could focus on anything.

Sam
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    Just because it's baked and wrinkly doesn't mean it's not beautiful. :D Plus it was so dark I was lucky when I could focus on anything. Sam

Agreed Sam...the potato looks normal for what it is...and is fine as photographed...IMHO.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • PhotographyByMichaelPhotographyByMichael New member Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 29, 2016
    Beautiful Photos
    I love the photos. San Francisco is such a great place to photograph a wedding. I enjoy shooting weddings at San Francisco city hall. Great place!